Washington Babies
Options

Clothing sizes (dumb ?s)

I am totally confused on clothing sizes these days. I always try to buy clothes for the next year's seasons at the end and I'm trying to figure out what J will be next year... she's currently somewhere in the 2T-4T range...

I am thinking it goes 24month, 2T, 3T, 4T, 4, 5, 6, 6X?, 7, 8, 9, 10...etc Why is this so confusing?

Re: Clothing sizes (dumb ?s)

• Options
    It looks right to me! :)  But I'm only in the 6 mos. range now!  You are right about 6x too.
    M + K = 05.16.09 | A.P. = 02.27.11
  • Options

Some places have 5T, too.  One thing that is hard is it seems like the jump from toddler clothes to kids clothes can be really big.  Like when Tman was busting out of his 4T and 5T clothes, the XS and 5's in kids sizes were swimming on him.  The transition was difficult.  I'm having the same problem right now with shoes.  He has slow growing feet and is just now outgrowing his 11s.  It is nearly impossible to find 12s.  Sometimes they are in the toddler section, sometimes in the kid's section, but they never have many options.

Anyway, good luck. :)

T-man (07/27/05, 2:52pm, 10 lbs, 2 oz, 22") My Blog
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
    TTC #2 for a million years: SA normal, CD 23 bloodwork shows nothing amiss, ovulation detected. Next step: ? maybe CD3 bloodwork to check eggs? All out of pocket, so limited IF tests/treatments.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You're right.  5T is technically between 4T and 4, but don't ask me why.  I used to work retail.  Toddler sizing is supposed to assume space for diaper/training pant tushes.  A lot of retailers don't make 4T/5T, which makes finding clothes really hard!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    bunchbunch member

My understanding is that the T's are wider than the plain numbers (i.e., a 2T is for diapers or bigger kids more so than a 2).  I've also found that 3T shirts are wider and shorter (torso) than 3's, etc.  And I don't know if you do cross-gender shirts, but I go one size smaller in boy's shirts.  So when S wants a Thomas shirt, she still wears a 3 or 3T, but she's in 4's or XS in everything else.  Don't get me started on gender-specific character clothes....

Why can't my daughter like trains/dinosaurs/cars/etc?  Arrggghh.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Maybe that's my problem then - J is too long, especially in the torso for her 2Ts but I haven't tried any plain 2s or 3s on her.
  • Options

so, a 3T is going to be wider and a little shorter than a 3.  Right now, Im buying more and more 3/4/5 than T sizes because I like the extra length they give.   I'll still buy a Toddler sized shirt if I like it though (gymboree) vs the lines in the "kid" sizes...  also, boys are cut wider and boxier than girls.  Found this out when trying to size the kids this fall, and Audrey's 3/3T looked so much smaller than Gabe's.   Probably not an issue now, but good to keep in mind.

Im also buying dresses in a size up (5!) for fall and winter so she has some room.  She's tall and skinny, so mostly kid sizes vs toddler, but again, if I like a toddler dress, Im getting it.   

I would really say that the 3T/3 are interchangable and not sequential.   I go by weight and height mostly and allow some grow room.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"