Cincinnati Babies
Options

Good Sam OBs

Anyone have any recommendations for OBs that deliver out of good sam hospital?  Particularly high risk but any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks!

Dx: Septate and Bicornuate uterus and Mild Endometriosis
First Lap - 7/08 - removed endo and endometriomia cyst on right ovary
Stopped TTC
8/10 - Started TTC again
12/10 - 3/11 - 3 rounds of femara/ovidrel/iui - All BFN's
4/11 - 2nd Lap/Hysteroscopy/Septum Resection - Septum removed/still bicornuate uterus/Stage I endo removed
6/4 - femara/ovidrel/iui - BFP!!
Follow me @ http://mcfarlandbabysteps.blogspot.com/

Re: Good Sam OBs

• Options
    I go to Samaratin OBGYN.  I see Dr. Choi, but all of the doctors in the practice are fantastic.  Their number is 513.559.9411  Hope this helps! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I dont' know what part of town you are located/looking for. I go to Women Partners in OB/Gyn on the westside. They are all fantastic, and they deliver at Good Sam.

Good luck!

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was considered high risk. I saw Dr Donna Lambers at Tri State Maternal Fetal. The office is actually inside Good Sam. I really liked her, and my c section went well, no issues. I also liked Dr Brady at the same practice.
  • Options

imagejrsbaby9800:
    I go to Samaratin OBGYN.  I see Dr. Choi, but all of the doctors in the practice are fantastic.  Their number is 513.559.9411  Hope this helps! 

I see Dr. Graig Smith in the same practice, love all the doctors though!  There are 2 male (Smith & Schuermann) and 3 female (Hoopes, Choi & Gardner) in the practice.  Here's the website: https://www.samaritanob-gyn.com/ Their office is in the doctor's building at Good Sam.

Good luck!

Hannah

ETA: They work closely with the Seton Center (high risk ob clinic) at Good Sam, I had appointments at both for the last trimester of my pregnancy due to cardiac & placental issues.  If you're having a high-risk pregnancy you can just be seen at the Seton Center however, I believe you need a referral from your OB or RE?  I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain you need something.  If you're just in a situation where your pregnancy is ok now but there's a good likelihood that could change you might be good going to one of the other practices at Good Sam then you'd be right there to switch if the need came up?

Best of luck to you!!!

• Options
    Thanks so much for all the responses.  I had a septum resection and also have a bicornuate uterus.  I'm at higher risk for premature labor but not sure if I would qualify for actual high risk.  So far I've had no issues.  I will look into some of these practices.
    Dx: Septate and Bicornuate uterus and Mild Endometriosis
    First Lap - 7/08 - removed endo and endometriomia cyst on right ovary
    Stopped TTC
    8/10 - Started TTC again
    12/10 - 3/11 - 3 rounds of femara/ovidrel/iui - All BFN's
    4/11 - 2nd Lap/Hysteroscopy/Septum Resection - Septum removed/still bicornuate uterus/Stage I endo removed
    6/4 - femara/ovidrel/iui - BFP!!
    Follow me @ http://mcfarlandbabysteps.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    I also see Samaritan OB/GYN. Dr. Choi delivered by daughter and Dr. Hoopes delivered my son. I find all the physicians in that practice to be knowledgeable, responsive, and respectful.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I see Tri-state MFM at Good Sam.  I see them because I'm having twin boys, after IF, and some meds I was on (Lovenox).  I love them all.  I mostly saw Dr. Coppage, but after being admitted at 21 wks I've seen them all now.  Best of Luck!!
    *K* Expecting Twin Boys After 3 Years of Infertility, On Hospital Bed Rest Due to Pre-Term Labor, Baby A - Dx With Multiple Brain Abnormalities, Hydrocephalus, Craniosynostosis, and Cerebellar Hypoplasia
  • Options
    I also see the dr's at Women Partners in OBGYN on Harrison Ave and have nothing but good things to say about them
    Jenn & Jason
    September 27, 2008
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagebelles1979:
    Thanks so much for all the responses.  I had a septum resection and also have a bicornuate uterus.  I'm at higher risk for premature labor but not sure if I would qualify for actual high risk.  So far I've had no issues.  I will look into some of these practices.

I have something very similar to a bicornute uterus.  Just wanted to reassure you that you may not have any problems.  They were worried that C wouldn't have room to grow, might come early, or be small.  He didn't come early, never even had a single contraction.  He was also almost 9 lbs.  Also, Dr. Lambers was still willing to try for a vaginal birth.  That's not what I ended up having, but we did consider it.

• Options

imagetiffyr0se:
    I was considered high risk. I saw Dr Donna Lambers at Tri State Maternal Fetal. The office is actually inside Good Sam. I really liked her, and my c section went well, no issues. I also liked Dr Brady at the same practice.

I love that entire group.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had to switch to a high risk group in the 38th week of my second pregnancy because my daughter had some heart problems, and my regular OB switched me to Tri State Maternal Fetal Medicine.  I saw Dr. Coppage, and Dr. Kate Smith ended up delivering my daughter.  She was WONDERFUL to me during a really tough and scary time, and I'd recommend her.  As others said, their office is located inside Good Sam.
    Brady 7/29/2009 Avery 4/1/2011
  • Options
    My MIL schedules surgeries for a group of OB's who deliver at Good Sam and highly suggested a few for me. Regina Whitfiled (was also recommended by one of my good friends), and I am going to Lee Lautman who is great so far!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"