Preemies
Options

*mrsmikey*

Can I ask why you want to go natural this time? I'm pretty set on VBAC, but with Ellie, I really wanted to go natural and now for whatever reason I'm not so sure.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker

Re: *mrsmikey*

• Options
    NM, just saw your response in the epi post!
  • Options

LOL, I was just going to refer you to my response there! 

And honestly, it's just something I want to do.  I think I was afraid of natural birth the first time, but now that I've been sitting on that birth experience for almost 4 years, I want to do it differently.  There were so many things about DS' birth (besides him coming early) that I wasn't comfortable with.  I guess it was just one of those things I didn't realize I wanted until it was over, if that makes sense.

I hated being stuck in the bed.  I hated my IV.  I hated the fetal monitors.  I never thought I'd have issue with any of those things.  But apparently I'm the type of person that wants to be totally left alone and untouched when I'm in pain.  At least by those types of things.  So it's not just the epi, but all the interventions.  Which I realize I have limited options delivering in a hospital, but I'm still hoping for less than last time.  And we're hiring a doula to help with all that, since I do know my OB is an epi pusher and I imagine not very NB friendly.

So it's not so much that I'm a crunchy, hippie type (although I am a little) that thinks all those things are bad, they just weren't for me :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That makes sense. I think I'm more set on just having a vaginal birth this time around, and less focused on the epi, even though I was so set on natural birth last time. I think I'm going to hold off on the epi if I can, but if I choose to get it, it won't be a big deal this time. Last time I would have been really disappointed in myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"