Connecticut Babies
Options

Water Birth

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has had a water birth at any of the birth centers or hospitals in CT and what their experience was like with their midwife. I would like to have a water birth but wanted to hear other people's experience before choosing a location and midwife.

Thanks for your help! 

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Water Birth

• Options
    Sorry I don't really have an answer but wanted to say Congrats and welcome to CT bump boards :-)
  • Options
    Thank you! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have only heard good things about this place Danbury birth center.  Yale is supposed to be building a birthing center with a tub it was supposed to be finished when I gave birth (9 months ago).  The best advice is just to meet with as many midwives and/or centers.  Go with your gut feeling, if you don't feel comfortable don't go with them.  Also make sure they are on the same page with you and also you have other options.  You make last minute game decisions when you are in labor (I thought I wanted music, family and other things but that day I only wanted quiet and darkness).

Congratulations and good luck!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thank you very much for your advice! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Hi - Manchester Memorial Hospital has a beautiful birthing center and two spa rooms with huge really nice tubs.  I was very impressed.  It's one of three hospitals with water births in New England (don't know the other 2).  I am only in my 5th week - my hubby and I went for a tour and are going to tour St. Francis, Hartford Hosp and UConn in the next few weeks.  We live is West Hart.  What I've heard is that women who decide to go with water birth after having a child via regular delivery do not go back to regular delivery which makes me consider it for my own delivery....  good luck!

• Options
    Thanks for the info. I think I will see when the next tour for Manchester is and check it out.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm delivering at Manchester and just had a tour a few weeks ago.  The rooms were bigger than I expected and they have two whirlpool rooms for water births.  I'm definitely considering trying for a water birth as I really want to have a natural birth with no drugs. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"