Washington Babies

**Sparkelz**

I asked why not do the surgery / spica now, and they said that this isn't the best age [compared to three/four I guess?] and she did respond so well to the Pavlik that there is a glimmer of hope she could continue to grow.  But the surgeon just did not seem optimistic as she has really not had much improvement after being in the Seattle Abduction Brace since November. 

Their estimate was surgery, three months of spica, go back in for general anesthesia and put on another spica to adjust for growth.  They estimated six months total time in the cast.  Not sure if that was their worst case scenario then?

Frustrating because K really did great with the Pavlik.  I am still kicking myself for that time in between harness and brace that we did nothing; she should have stayed in something to stay wtih the momentum. 

The surgeon did seem to want to do three years old as opposed to older just due to her weight, her memory of everything, etc.  But, he set our next appt a year out so we have quite the wait to see if she grows in the next 12 months. 

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: **Sparkelz**

• They would know best I guess?it?s just a bummer they can?t do it while she is younger. I wish you guys the best and hope that she keeps making progress and doesn?t need the surgery or cast.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"