Health & Exercise
Options

Pesticides?

Has anyone used pesticides inside/outside their home to treat insects? We have a pretty bad problem and no luck in other methods of eliminating them. We consulted with an exterminator and he assured me over and over again my 13 month old baby would be perfectly safe. I'm just really nervous....

Just wondering if anyone has encountered this and what did you do?

Re: Pesticides?

• Options

I don't have any children, but I have 2 cats and I have terrible allergies to dyes, perfumes, scents, and chemicals of all kinds, etc.   I have been using Ortho Home Defense Max Indoor/Outdoor Perimeter spray for a few years now.  You basically spray it along all the edges of the areas you are having problems and where you notice the bugs coming in your home. Once it is dry, it is safe for children and pets.  I even notice dead bugs on my threshold weeks, sometimes even months after I have sprayed this product!  

I have never had any adverse reactions to this product, nor have my animals.  Best of all, it not only kills bugs on contact, but it REPELS bugs/arachnids for up to 12 months!  We live in Northern California and have a big spider and ant problem year round, but not after I spray my house with this.  You can find this at any home improvement store.  They also make an orange based bug killer for kitchen counters and frequently touched surfaces.  It doesn't kill as many types of bugs/arachnids, but works well too.  

Good luck, I hope you find something that works for you.  

TTC since Oct. 2010 2/12 fertility testing, Diagnosed with Sporadic Ovulation Aug./Sep. 2012 Clomid Cycle #1- BFP! at 14DPO Missed m/c at 6w4d, discovered in U/S at 10w2d on 11/06/12. Natural Miscarriage on 11/12/12 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

It all depends on what you're dealing with for pests...

For ants we've used Terro without any problems or issues.  It's especially nice and helpful that they now come in contained packets so it's easier to use those when there are kids around.

The key above all else is you need to know what you're using and where such that the kiddo isn't going to unexpectedly come in contact with whatever agent you're using.  But most home products when used properly won't be an issue..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"