D.C. Area Babies
Options

BGs are leaking. Help?

I love these diapers and don't want to quit CDing but this is becoming a PITA. We've had to put H in disposables overnight and for long naps because since she started sleeping on her stomach she leaks out the legs of her BGs.

Today I put her in one, we played around the house, she spent some time in the jumperoo, and when I pulled her out of it, she was wet around the leg elastic. This was between 60-90 minutes after being put in it. The insert was wet, but not sopping wet - like, it could have held more pee but perhaps the weight was causing a compression leak?

I've been making sure the insert is flat in the pocket so there aren't any gaps at the leg elastic that aren't covered, but it obviously could be a different story once I get it on her and it's kinda bunchy in the crotch. I don't know exactly how to fix this but these are the options I can think of:

-adjusting the rise (she's on the smallest setting right now at just shy of 7 months and 14.5 pounds). I'm concerned that might actually lead to MORE leaks because the leg holes would be bigger and I know it fits snug enough now.

-adding the newborn insert

Any advice for me? I'm 99% sure they don't need to be stripped because we haven't been using them that often and they aren't repelling.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: BGs are leaking. Help?

• Options

DS started leaking out of all his pockets at night for a week so we put them all back down on the smallest setting and that took care of it. I think his thighs thinned out a smidge and that is where it was leaking. Also, I got some wool for night because we bedshare/sidecar and sleeping in pee just doesn't work for me. I got a Disana wool cover and will probably try it out tomorrow night.

Have you read night time info on Abby's Lane blog or called them for ideas? https://thecloththatcounts.wordpress.com/category/night-time-diapering/

• Options

i haven't yet, but i'll probably email stephanie tomorrow.

my problem is it's not just nighttime - it's naps and also apparently now daytime stints like what happened today. i'm going to try putting her on a larger rise tomorrow and put her back in the jumperoo and see how we do.  she's already on the smallest size so we don't have anywhere to go but up.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hope you figure something out!
  • Options
    Have you tried stripping the inserts? If they're wet but not sopping wet, repelling would be my first guess. And I would try upping the rise. I'm pretty sure C was on the second set of snaps by then (although he is rather tall).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"