3rd Trimester

seaweed salad?

So I've been ok with the whole "no sushi" thing the whole pregnancy, but I'm dying for a seaweed salad and a cup of miso soup. I know miso is cool, but anyone know if seaweed salad is safe? TIA
BFP #1 05/11/10 Natural m/c 05/17/10 BFP #2 12/07/10 Natural m/c 12/12/10 BFP #3 01/21/11 Taking Prometrium, Baby Aspirin, and two injections of heparin a day Lightning Bug was born a healthy and happy 7lbs 14oz on 9/20/211

Re: seaweed salad?

• Good question.  To my knowledge there is nothing raw in it.  It is one of my fav salads but I haven't had one since being prego bc we stopped going out for sushi...hmmm now I want a california roll.
  • I've been eating california rolls and shrimp tempura rolls through the whole pregnancy, with my OB's blessing!  I don't see harm in a seaweed salad! 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKathleenCB:
    Good question.  To my knowledge there is nothing raw in it.  It is one of my fav salads but I haven't had one since being prego bc we stopped going out for sushi...hmmm now I want a california roll.

I thought the seaweed in the salad is usually just re-hydrated seaweed - and doesn't really go through a cooking process.  I could be mistaken though. I still eat seaweed salad, but then again, I still eat sushi - so a good question for your doctor!

imageimageimage
  • I got a massage from a lady who said that seaweed is supposed to be really good for the baby! She was told this by her Hawaiian doula :) Eat up!! 
  • I've been eating seaweed salad all along. (I've also been eating sushi every once in a blue moon. Just my choice and I've had no troubles. Done my research and it's not what people make it out to be...)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers JAN09-Oct09: TTC Naturally. OCT09: HSG- Normal NOV09: Round 1 Clomid 50mg CD5-9= BFN DEC09: Round 2 Clomid 100mg CD5-9= BFN JAN10: Round 3 Clomid 100mg CD3-7= BFN FEB10: Round 4 Clomid 150mg CD5-9= BFN SA= 120 million, 54% Motility, 7% Morphology. JUN10: Round 5 Clomid, IUI, unsuccessful. JUL10: DONE & FED UP. OCT10: Started Integrative Reiki Energy Therapy. NOV 05, 2010: BFP! SEPT 20, 2012: BFP! More Reiki and Baby Z #2 is on his way! Due May 29, 2013
  • imageStrikeGirl:
    I've been eating seaweed salad all along. (I've also been eating sushi every once in a blue moon. Just my choice and I've had no troubles. Done my research and it's not what people make it out to be...)

Yup, ditto. Can't imagine what could be wrong with some tasty seaweed salad (or sushi for that matter, they have babies in Japan, lol). I just wish I could find some around here that was as good as the stuff in STL. OKC just doesn't do it right, le sigh. If nothing else, you can google it? I'm sure there's in depth info out there, somewhere...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I've been avoiding it, but I'm admittedly paranoid. The only thing I can think of that would make seaweed salad bad is that it might easily contain bacteria? I was thinking along the same lines as alfalfa sprouts. But I have no facts to back that up - just crazy person logic.
    Photobucket Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"