Pre-School and Daycare

School shoes for boys - where?

The boys can wear black, brown, or navy shoes for school with their uniforms. My idea was that each kid would get his own color shoe, so the teachers can tell them apart easily.

I'm not sure what kind of shoes to get (and frankly, I don't think the school does either - this is their first year open), so what would you recommend for little boys? They don't have to be all the same shoe in different colors, but they can't be $50 shoes, either. :)

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
My blog * We made the national news!

Re: School shoes for boys - where?

• The Stride Rite outlet would have all three colors.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like pedi ped but those would be $50 a pair likely unless you lucked into a sales. I looked at getting my boys converse they are around $20, but they tie not sure if that would be an issue.

I think the different color idea is a great idea to tell the boys apart.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm usually a shoe snob because I believe that flexible soles are so very important for growing feet - hence I've stuck with Stride Rite.

But....  Payless has a line of kids shoes right now that has a very flexible sole.  As fast as they grow out of them I'm considering starting there first this fall.  I don't care what the tag says but I do care that the soles are able to bend a LOT.

You may want to check there.

Also - I've seen Stride Rites at places like Marshalls and Ross for a steal but it might be hard to come by 3 pairs in one store.

Another option is to shop around to find what you like and then stalk Ebay.  I've gotten some great steals on brand new Stride Rites on there!!

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • I would definitely check for a stride rite outlet near you, you can get shoes $20/pair, that's where I get shoes for the kids, I usually get everyone 2 pairs of shoes for the school year, stay away from light up shoes, because they don't last as long as regular ones. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"