Pregnant after a Loss
Options

how fast does pre-eclampsia come on?

My BP has been steady this whole pg--117-120/70-80. I haven't had a bad reading yet this pg (except when I was bleeding, and then after the u/s said all was well, BP was normal again).  Since this weekend, I've had a lot of swelling and today, I've been seeing little white light spots out of the corners of my eyes.

I see the Dr. tomorrow at 3:15, so I will ask for sure, but can Pre-E come on that fast? I last had my BP checked last Wednesday and it was consistent with the rest.

Married 7/19/09
MC 9/8/10
Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: how fast does pre-eclampsia come on?

• Options
    I don't know but I just wanted to say I hope not! I'm sure the swelling could be due to heat and just how far along you are, but I don't know about those white spots. I hope you get good news tomorrow.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yes, it can.  Please don't wait until your appt tomorrow afternoon to tell the doctors of your swelling and seeing spots.

ETA: This link is for the preeclampsia.org page.  Read the section on changes in vision, its saying go in NOW. 

https://www.preeclampsia.org/health-information/signs-and-symptoms#blur

I really hope it isn't Pre-E, but from the sounds of this its better to err on the side of caution...

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I hope it's not preeclampsia in your case, but I do know it can come on pretty quickly.  With my last pregnancy, I was going to MFM and my regular OB weekly, on different days.  I went to the OB and my blood pressure was fine.  4 days later, I went to the MFM for a GD checkup and growth scan -- and was hospitalized for severe preeclampsia!  I was floored, because I had no clue! 

Do you have a monitor you can use to check your BP at home?  I like to check ahead of time now, so I'm not taken by surprise ever again.

Good Luck tomorrow - I hope your BP is perfect and you're only swelling because of the heat outside!

• Options

I don't have a BP cuff here. I'll call in the morning and see if she can get me in sooner...

My gut tells me I am ok, but it's just another thing to add to my "what if" list and the swelling from the heat and an active weekend don't help. 

Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
  • Options

Good idea to call and try to get in earlier.  The good news is, you ARE full term, so if it is pre-e, they should be able to solve it fairly quickly.  You are right, though, it is probably nothing.

Oh, I have not heard of white spots being a sign of pre-e -- they always mentioned black spots when I had pre-e, never white.    I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything is fine! 

• Options

Yes it can ::points to siggy::

When I had my appt on Thursday, my BP was elevated, but not by much. I did a 24 hour urine collection over the weekend, and those labs were so bad, it required an emergency c section on Monday.

The only symptom I had was swelling of the feet and by Saturday, I had liver pain (it morphed into HELLP).

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options

Hmm IDK.  At 36-37w my BP started to creep up, I was always on the lower side of normal.  Remember when I texted you about my trip to the hospital and ever since then it has been higher than my 'normal' but typical for late in third tri.

Keep us (or at least me) posted my dear.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp 01/23/10 m/c 12w1d 03/14/10 EDD 09/24/10
    bfp 07/20/10 m/c 5w1d 07/25/10
    bfp 11/19/10 Born 07/24/11 via C/S

My Forever Sister From Another Mister~CashewsMommy!!

• Options
    I hope you can get in soon and that it is not pre-eclampsia.  Keep us updated.
  • Options
    Those were the symptoms that I was having. I was dx w/ pre-eclampsia with DD #1. It was minor. They had me checked out and monitored (I had to go to the hospital since it was a Friday afternoon). They were going to induce me if it maintained high but mine relaxed with rest. They sent me home on bed rest. I know that does not sound fun, but looking back on it, it was not that bad. Nice to relax before your whole life changes. FX for you that it's minor or nothing though. I'd take it easy, drink water, low salt, lots of rest, ect.
  • Options
    Clerk9Clerk9 member
    I don't really have any wisdom to offer beyond what the other ladies have said, but just wanted to send out some positive vibes!  I really, really hope it's nothing & that you're feeling better already.  Definitely keep us posted & GL!!!
  • Options

Yes it can come very quickly.  I was monitored very closely the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy because I had consist high bp from about 34 weeks on.  They checked my urine a few times a week and there was never any sugar in it.  I simply had gestational hypertension and swelling.  The worst was when I was 38 weeks out shopping with my mom and I swelled up so bad..I stopped into a pharamcy and my blood pressure was like 145/95 I sorta freaked out and they had me to run to L&D...it turned out just that I was on my feet all day...I ended up being induced at 40w2d b/c of my bp but all was fine.

Sorry for hte long ramble but it could just be gestational hypertension and not pre e but best to get get checked!  Good luck!!

Taylor Annalee 12/1/09 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Sean Thomas 1/26/2012 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Angel Baby missed m/c 2/17/11, D&E 2/18/11
  • Options
    I hope that your doctor is able to get you in, and that it is nothing to worry about!  Rambo still has some training to do in there!
    BFP #1 - Twin B lost at 5w
    Bryce Addison  I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    Our baby boy was born sleeping on 9.17.10. He was 19w1d.
    BFP #2 - Twin B lost at 4w
    Twin A
    BFP #3 - Lost at 5w
    BFP #4 - Lost at 4w
    BFP #5

• Options
    I am pretty sure it can come on quickly...I think it is best if you call early and see if you can get in sooner...Better safe than sorry!
  • Options

Thanks, ladies. I really think I am fine... my swelling has gone down a lot. Maybe I just over did it this weekend. I was on my feet all day at a BBQ on Saturday--and it was HOT. I also ate like crap.

I called the Dr. and she is at the hospital delivering a baby. Her partner is somewhere else too, so my original appointment at 3:15 stands. I'll let you know how it goes, but like I said, I think it's fine. 

Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
  • Options
    Hopefully it was just a titsch of heat exhaustion and perhaps a wee bit of dehydration -- glad you have an appointment today just in case.  Keep us posted!

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 2/2011
    Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
    Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I hope it isn't pre-e and that you get some reassurance at the doctor today. Keep us posted!
    TTC since January 2010
    BFP 5/9/10. U/S - no heartbeat 6/2/10 (7 weeks). Induced miscarriage 6/7/10.
    Chemical pregnancies 12/2/10, 1/3/11, and 2/7/11.
    dx: RPL due to poor quality uterine lining; begin progesterone January 2011
    BFP 3/10/11. EDD 11/19/11. E arrived 11/15/11!

Loss Blog | Life Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageClerk9:
    I don't really have any wisdom to offer beyond what the other ladies have said, but just wanted to send out some positive vibes!  I really, really hope it's nothing & that you're feeling better already.  Definitely keep us posted & GL!!!

This! Keep us posted.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    Sending lots of T&Ps that it was just heat exhaustion and diet.  Please keep us updated. 
    TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"