Boston Babies

Fertility Center of New England

Has anyone used the Fertility Center of New England for IVF treatment? I've been going to Newton-Wellesley, but am considering switching to FCNE. Any experiences with this clinic, please let me know (good or bad)! ?Thanks in advance!

Re: Fertility Center of New England

• I also go to Newton Wellesley.  I don't know anything about Fertility Center of New England.  Do you not like it at NWH? Who is your doctor? I am just starting my first IUI cycle and am looking for people to chat with.  Maybe we could meet up sometime.

• i liked FCNE while i was there but because of insurance i had to switch to reproductive science center and they were so much better than FCNE.  My dr at FCNE was dr hill and he did my last IUI there and introduced himself to me as if he never knew me... i mean i know they don't remember patients but at least look at your file to see if your my dr.. ya know.  they were very laid back and RSC seemed so much more professional
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello,

I didn't have IVF with FCNE, but I did work with them for about 4 months. I got pregnant on my 3rd IUI cycle. ( I'm 15 weeks now) I am grateful they were able to help us get pregnant, but would I go there again? I'm honestly not sure.

I agree with Anneannabell, Dr. Hill was not great to work with. He knows his science stuff, but his bed side manner is awful. He never directly answered a question, always talked in satistics and down to us, never listened to us and seemed to never remember who we were.

On the  plus side, once we were pg, we met with Dr. Hardy once after our 1st US on a Saturday, he was very nice, I liked him instantly, he's actually the Medical Director of the Center. He listened to us, he talked to  us like we weren't idiots and was quite sensitive to the situation we were in at the time.  I highly recommend getting in with him if you can. If DH and I were to go with FCNE again (mostly for convenice and hours) we would definatly work with him and not Dr. Hill.

If you decide to go there, my advice is to be politely assertive, do your homework regarding your fertility medications, procedures and your current meds, and ask very specific questions.  They will answer your questions, but it seems you need to know what to ask to get that info on the meds and procedures. I got more info from the nurses whom were quite helpful and also sensitive to such a difficult process.

Good luck and keep us posted. I'll be thinking of you.  

• I went to FCNE originally as a second opinion for a fibroid I needed removed.  Dr. Hardy did the surgery and is great.  A co-worker of mine recommended him and I'm so glad she did.  We found out we needed to do IVF after the surgery, so we stuck with Dr. Hardy.  I have had nothing but positive experiences there.  I'm now 14 weeks pregnant (from our second round of IVF).
  • I never had to do IVF or have fertility treatment but I would suggest calling Dr. Toth at MGH.  I've known him my entire life and he is so nice and I know he is an excellent doctor.  I've reccommended him to a few people and they all loved him.
  • Thanks for all your replies. I think that I will be staying with Newton Wellesley for now. Good luck to everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"