TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

Fertility Clinic help...

I have narrowed down my search to 2 places.  If you ladies would mind checking them out and letting me know what you think about them I would appreciate it.  If you can't tell I am undecided about seeing a RE, but I am making baby steps.  Any insight you can offer will be a huge help.

TIA!

Washington Center for Reproductive Medicine

Seattle Reproductive Medicine

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
TTC #1 since 6.10
SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
HSG= All clear & perfect
Currently learning to live Child Free
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
?Big Girls have babies too!?
??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??

Re: Fertility Clinic help...

• Options

I have used this website before to compare IVF success rates (I don't know if you'll decide to go that route - but just in case you're considering it).

https://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/art/Apps/FertilityClinicReport.aspx

Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Options
    imageCarolee:

I have used this website before to compare IVF success rates (I don't know if you'll decide to go that route - but just in case you're considering it).

https://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/art/Apps/FertilityClinicReport.aspx

Thanks for the website!  I checked it out awhile ago, all the stats are for IVF (from what I could see), I don't know what that means about IUI (what I think we would consider).

Thank you!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    HSG= All clear & perfect
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm pretty sure EntropicEpona goes to SRM and really likes them. Just perusing their websites, I like SRM better. I get an immediate ick feeling from any medical group that plasters their homepage with sh!t about "family balancing" and sex selection. (And to clarify - sex selection due to inherited diseases is fine. Sex selection for "family balancing" seems like it shouldn't really be the feather in a fertility doc's cap, plus I wouldn't want to be in the same waiting room with FCs - you can figure out what the C stands for, it's a couple levels above a ho - who are such princesses they need a baby of a certain sex) Overall, SRM's website looks much more professional.

And don't write off what you think you will and will not do just yet. We all have our thoughts and our preferences going in (ask how many of us thought we'd be willing to do IVF), but it's really, really important to go in with a COMPLETELY open mind and really take in everything the doctor has to tell you. 

• Options
    imageColindaP:

I'm pretty sure EntropicEpona goes to SRM and really likes them. Just perusing their websites, I like SRM better. I get an immediate ick feeling from any medical group that plasters their homepage with sh!t about "family balancing" and sex selection. (And to clarify - sex selection due to inherited diseases is fine. Sex selection for "family balancing" seems like it shouldn't really be the feather in a fertility doc's cap, plus I wouldn't want to be in the same waiting room with FCs - you can figure out what the C stands for, it's a couple levels above a ho - who are such princesses they need a baby of a certain sex) Overall, SRM's website looks much more professional.

And don't write off what you think you will and will not do just yet. We all have our thoughts and our preferences going in (ask how many of us thought we'd be willing to do IVF), but it's really, really important to go in with a COMPLETELY open mind and really take in everything the doctor has to tell you. 

I love the use of FC!!!!  I appreciate all of your input, ITA about the websites. AND the gender selection was very off-putting for me, the only thing that I really like about "the other" (not SRM), was something about taking all patients.  I am so overly worried about a RE telling me "no" because of my weight, that I am scared to call. I also totally agree with thinking of what we are going to do and what we are willing to do.  My stupid as$ never thought I would need to go to a RE, I feel like a douche saying that right now.

I pulled the bandaid and called SRM.  Still nervous about my weight, but the worst they can do is tell the fatty to get on a diet and get to the gym.  They are going to call me back to schedule the appointment, I am still so nervous.

Thank you ladies SOOOOO much!

TTC #1 since 6.10
    HSG= All clear & perfect
  • Options

Well, you know I put in my vote for SRM. I'm with the Kirkland clinic that used to be NCRS, and I absolutely adore Dr. O. Of course, I despise Dr. K., but you might really like her...you never know!

As far as being overweight goes, don't worry about it. I'm in the obese category, and aside from having to do my ER in a hospital OR, it hasn't been an issue. Not ONCE did my doc bring it up as a source if trouble. However, if being overweight is causing other endocrine problems with yourself, that might come up as an issue, but it most likely won't affect your treatment otherwise.

As Colinda mentioned, go in with an open mind and really listen to what your doc says. Ask lots of questions and be really involved in your treatment decisions.

I think you'll really like SRM. They treat everyone compassionately and like individuals. They WANT you to have the family you want! 

12 long, hard years of TTC-
    Miscarriages, losses, lots of treatments & drugs & IVF

Natural BFP (WTF?!) - 06/04/11 ~ lots of complication and drama, but sweet baby Adele born 02/07/12!

BFP #million -another girl for us! EDD - 05-08-15 (but will come early)

• Options
    imageEntropicEpona:

Well, you know I put in my vote for SRM. I'm with the Kirkland clinic that used to be NCRS, and I absolutely adore Dr. O. Of course, I despise Dr. K., but you might really like her...you never know!

As far as being overweight goes, don't worry about it. I'm in the obese category, and aside from having to do my ER in a hospital OR, it hasn't been an issue. Not ONCE did my doc bring it up as a source if trouble. However, if being overweight is causing other endocrine problems with yourself, that might come up as an issue, but it most likely won't affect your treatment otherwise.

As Colinda mentioned, go in with an open mind and really listen to what your doc says. Ask lots of questions and be really involved in your treatment decisions.

I think you'll really like SRM. They treat everyone compassionately and like individuals. They WANT you to have the family you want! 

I hope I like them too!  From what you say they sound wonderful.  DH and I are so worried about the $$$$.  How are they with working with you on the financial end?

PS- I love reading your siggy and seeing the great progress LO is making!

TTC #1 since 6.10
    HSG= All clear & perfect
  • Options

(((HUGE HUGS)))  I know this was a huge step for you and I'm happy for you that you're testing out those baby steps.  You can do it! 

I agree with everyone above about the websites.  I'll just toss it out there too that if you don't feel awesomely comfortable with the first place you go, definitely try the other.  But, I hope it's a great match and you get a "forward hoooo!" feeling from the get go. 

And, I have to add, to Colinda re: FC:

Stick out tongue

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good luck with whichever you choose!!
  • Options
    imageRawr08:

I hope I like them too!  From what you say they sound wonderful.  DH and I are so worried about the $$$$.  How are they with working with you on the financial end?

What kind of insurance coverage do you guys have? Ours is OK (not great), so they bill everything through that and if there is any amount oweing they just bill it to you...but you get the negotiated insurance rate. I do know that they have plenty of self-pay clients, too, but I'm not totally sure what their pricing on that is.

If you want to chat some more, send me a PM and maybe we can meet for coffee or something somewhere.

12 long, hard years of TTC-
    Miscarriages, losses, lots of treatments & drugs & IVF

Natural BFP (WTF?!) - 06/04/11 ~ lots of complication and drama, but sweet baby Adele born 02/07/12!

BFP #million -another girl for us! EDD - 05-08-15 (but will come early)

• Options
    I've heard great things about SRM and I think a lot of ladies on the boards who live that way have used them.  I really think they do have a better "feel" to them when you look at their website.  Good luck hun - I know it's a hard call to make.  Everyone I have known that has done so is really glad they did though!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"