Connecticut Babies
Options

Anyone work from home?

Does anyone work from home and know how one would get into it? With two kiddos I can't work outside of the house anymore, but I have no idea how to get into a work from home..TIA
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone work from home?

• Options
    You will not find an employer (at least a legit one) that will be willing to let you work from home with the kids home.  You will still need to find day care for them during working hours (or find one that will be flexible and let you work at night after they are in bed).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers M: 31 DH: 34 Dx: PCOS, Endo, Uterine Septum Ovarian Wedge Resection - May 2009 BFP #1 - October 2009 = DS BFP #2 - June 2011 = DD (Total Surprise!) Tree nut allergy in DS diagnosed 4/2012. Currently working with EI for SPD and possible ASD.
  • Options

I work from home with my child. My employer is legit. 

However, I got lucky because the company decided to move out of state around the time I had the baby and in order to retain the employees, let us all work form home. Unfortunately it isn't something they are hiring for nor will they be in the future.

There are plenty of legit work from home jobs. But you need to have some sort of specialty/background. A friend of mine works from home with two kids as a court reporter. She has to leave the house to do depositions but the bulk of her work is transcribing them which she does at home. Another is a bookkeeper and does the same.

Do you have any areas of expertise or specialties that you can tap into? Start there and see where it takes you. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    rsd12rsd12 member
    I worked from home as a Web designer.  My child(ren) still needed to be in daycare.  
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Options

Hi,

Try looking at United Healthcare.  I have been with the company 8 years and 5 of them I have been working from home.

Here is the link:

https://careers.unitedhealthgroup.com/

Let me know if you have any questions. 

• Options

Hello,

I wanted to be able to stay at home with my baby. I have been able to do so by doing Lia Sophia Jewelry parties in peoples homes. I am not sure if you are familiar with the company...my website is www.liasophia.com/laurahelms . You can do as much or as little as you want. I usually make around $200 a show and it just takes a couple of hours at someones home and then maybe an hour or so of prep work. The kit with eveything you need is $149, but the month of Sept. it is on sale for $124 and it has everything you need including like 20 pieces of jewelry that you can wear whenever you want. If you are interested you can email me at baugh099@yahoo.com or call me at 203-623-0269. It is really working for me. 

-Laura  

• Options

Hi! A great website that a friend of mine recommended to me a while back was www.hiremymom.com. They have many stay-at-home working mom positions available.

Good luck! Totally been there myself but decided to start my own business instead.

Ingrid Prueher Certified Baby Planner, Pre & Postnatal Stress Management Coach, Parent Prep Classes Educator, Dunstan Baby Language Educator & Happiest Baby on the Block Educator www.savvymomoncallbabyplanner.com & www.nycbabyplanner.com Serving Connecticut, New York and Beyond
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"