Breastfeeding
Options

Hissing noise coming from pump?

I noticed a hissing noise coming from one of the sides of my pump. It world but that can't be normal can it?

Re: Hissing noise coming from pump?

• Options
    Something could be loose.  Either that, or your membrane or whole valve need to be changed.  I dropped my pump parts on the floor and I jacked up the valve.  I didn't know until I used them the next time (after I washed the floor germs away) and it hissed.  You could also have a small puncture in your tubing. 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    I have an APY and if the tops aren't on perfectly, it'll hiss. I just pop them off an on again until it stops. HTH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If my parts (especially the membranes) have any water on them, my Freestyle will hiss. Make sure everything is dry and test it out again.
  • Options

Sounds like leaky tubing to me.  I have a Medela freestyle and when that happened to me I called their customer service number and they sent me replacement tubing (for free!).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"