February 2011 Moms
Options

Rice cereal - how many times a day?

We started DD on rice cereal Sunday. It's going pretty well. We've been giving it to her once a day, and she will eat about 6 or 7 spoonfuls before she starts pushing it out of her mouth, then we know she's had enough. Smile

How many times a day does your LO get cereal? I was thinking about increasing it to two times a day starting this weekend, but wanted to see what everyone else was doing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Rice cereal - how many times a day?

• Options

I try to offer twice a day now.  In the beginning I just offered it more as an activity then as part of his food for the day.  Now that he's eating it pretty well, I offer more cereal and more often.  I try to offer cereal as part of "breakfast" which is usually around 9am, then sometime in the afternoon between 3-5pm.  It depends on the day.

Once we start real solids in a few more weeks we'll offer those at more consistent mealtimes, but I don't worry about that with the cereal.

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Options
    We did cereal for a week, in the afternoon, then tried veggies.  So far we've done green beans, peas, and sweet potatoes, and Audrey LOVES them all.  She's way more into the veggies than she was cereal.  But since veggies are so much messier, we've been doing it right before bathtime at night.  I think we'll probably wait awhile to start giving her solids more than once a day.  I don't want to overwhelm her little system.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lo did not like the rice cereal so we moved on to Oatmeal.  But I gave it to him in the morning just a small amount and then again at night to help him sleep.  But now we have been on solid for a while he has tried all the veggies we are working on the fruits now.  So far the only one he will not eat is squash and man that is one more face.  But we had to start LO at 4 mth he has to take inhaled steroid so formula was not enough anymore. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    we only give solids once a day per our pedi recommendation.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    We feed her once per day.  The way I understood it, this is for practice not for actual nutrition, so I don't think you need to feed them multiple times or at the right mealtime (i.e. cereal at breakfast instead of dinner).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Just once per day mixed with one of her solid meals. She eats solids twice per day.
  • Options
    My pedi had us do fruits and cereal twice a day....at 4 months. Now, were up to veggies and fruit. I know, I know...I couldn't believe it either when he gave us the green light for solids. But, T was ready...she loves her food!!! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    my pedi told us twice a day in the morning and the evening. She's like me and not a big eater in the AM so I give it to her at her 2nd feeding and the one around dinner time. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    vflipovflipo member
    None. She hates it. She also refuses oatmeal. Squash, carrots, prunes, etc she will gobble up.
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"