Postpartum Depression
Options

Best time to take Zoloft?

My doc prescribed me 100mg of Zoloft for my PPD. When do yall find that it's the best time of day to take it? When I was on Effexor I took it at night cause it made me nauseas and I slept thru that. But while on Pristiq, I found that it was better for me to take it in the morning beause I could tell a huge difference in the way I felt if I took it later in the day or at night. What works best for yall? Also, I'm wondering if I should wait and start it saturday instead of today. That way, if I have any side effects hit me, DH is here with me to take care of DS. Thoughts on that? What kind of side effects did yall have? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get all the info I can on the medication. TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Best time to take Zoloft?

• Options
    Hi. I was just prescribed zoloft today. Dr said to take it in the am as it can cause restlessness and insomnia. I am waiting until saturday to start so dh will be here in case it has bad effects. I have never been on meds like this so I am nervous. I am starting on 25mg for a wk then up to 50mg.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Zoloft is the only med that I've taken and started on 50 mg.  I started taking it in March and have stayed at the 50 mg. I was in such a haze at the time, that I'm not sure if all of the side effects I had were from the medication or from the depression. But I totally lost my appetite and got sick to my stomach whenever I tried to eat anything for about the first three weeks.  I also just felt fuzzy and not quite with it. Those all started to fade after 3-4 weeks and I started to feel my like myself again.  I also started seeing a therapist again, which was also very helpful.

I take mine first thing in the morning. I have found that if I forget or take it later than I normally do, I start to feel dizzy and spinny.  I also have zero sex drive- again, not sure if that's from the Zoloft or depression or just being exhausted as a new mom. Most likely a combination of all three!

I'm still having some ups and downs with depression, but it's no where near as bad as it was when it hit.  My therapist keeps telling me that this is transient and there will be ups and downs. And right now she is helping me find my way out of the downs.

Good luck to you!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We'll, I'm gonna start the Zoloft in the morning. Hopefully the side effects wont be too terribly bad. I'm going to give it 6 weeks til I go back to the doc. If I don't like it, I'm going to have him switch me back to Pristiq.

• Options

I've been taking it at night. Apparently another side affect is sleepiness. I must not have any jitters or insomnia as I've been sleeping just fine. My appitiate was zilch for a week or so and I did feel nauscous too. I feel those side affects went away pretty soon though. This is the first medication I've really ever taken. As far as having a sex drive I keep telling DH that I'm waiting to get my IUD first, which is in a week. Ha.

• Options
    I take it at night. It makes me sleepy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"