September 2011 Moms
Options

BACK PAIN!!!!!!!!!!

Okay,

For the last three days I have had immense amounts of back pain. It is all in my lower back and it hurts bad. It hurts to stand, it hurts to sit, it hurts to lay down on either side. I don't know what else to do!!!!!!!!!!! I can't take it anymore and I can't imagine how labor is going to be if the back pain is this bad. Any suggestions on how to reduce the back pain? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: BACK PAIN!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

Go treat yourself to a massage. And I would invest in a heating pad. I use one every night. Although, all this is only temperary relief until the baby/babies are born. I have major back pain, from my neck down to my hips. And sleeping has become impossible. I hope things start getting better for you though.

• Options
    I've had it really bad as well, and the heating pad definitely helps.  Hope you get some relief soon, even if it's only temporary.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'll third the heating pad. Also, when my back pain is really bad I get in the shower, put the showerhead onto the massage setting and let it hit my back for a while. Especially right before bed.
  • Options
    I suggest seeing a chiropractor. I went and found out my hips were counter rotating each other and one hip joint in the lower back was 'stuck' causing my back pain. It now doesn't hurt anymore.
  • Options

In addition to the heating pad and other suggestions, watch how you carry yourself throughout the day and stretch.

Make sure to tuck your pelvis/hips in/forward and pull in your belly, instead of letting it all hang and arching your back.

My favorite stretch for low back pain is to bend one leg and put the other straight (heal down) about a foot in front of me, and then lean forward from the waist. There's also the cat-to-cow stretch that is nice for back pain.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Definitely try a chiropractor - your OB may be able to give you a recommendation.  I started going every 2 weeks when I was about 22 weeks, and it has made a huge difference.

In the meantime, a heating pad and some tylenol should help a bit.  

Happy Spring!.
  • Options
    Oh how I would love to go have a massage...however, those can be quite expensive. I am going to talk to my OBGYN at my appointment on the 21st and see what she suggests as well. In between not sleeping and having back pain I am going to go insane...lol
  • Options

Our insurance actually covered my prenatal massage - the woman works in my chiropractor's office.  I know that DH and I are lucky to have very good coverage, but it might be something to look into.  (They cover the chiro visits like a regular doctor appointment, too.)

If you are having trouble sleeping b/c of the pain, bump the Tylenol up to Tylenol PM.  It has benadryl in it, which is totally safe.  

Happy Spring!.
  • Options
    CottonCotton member

I have found relief with the yoga positions PP described. And heating pad and tylenol. And Never underestimate the healing powers of 3Liters of water per day. The aches and pains seem to run right off sometimes...

Good luck.

They say back pain starts earlier with each subsequent pregnancy. I swear by the water...this is the least painful pg I've had and I say it's bc of the water I drink.

Elizabeth

• Options

Again, heating pad and strategic positioning. Yesterday evening on the couch I had 2 different blankets bunched strangely under me and 6 couch pillows and then once I was comfortable... I had to pee Stick out tongue

I hope you feel better!!

• Options

sorry duplicate post!

• Options
    I think a good massage therapist makes it totally worth cutting corners elsewhere in the budget. Mine fixed my hip yesterday and I finally got a good night's sleep.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageRobotsandRoses:

In addition to the heating pad and other suggestions, watch how you carry yourself throughout the day and stretch.

Make sure to tuck your pelvis/hips in/forward and pull in your belly, instead of letting it all hang and arching your back.

My favorite stretch for low back pain is to bend one leg and put the other straight (heal down) about a foot in front of me, and then lean forward from the waist. There's also the cat-to-cow stretch that is nice for back pain.

THIS! The majority of my back pain was relieved once I starting being more conscious of proper posture and most importantly moving pelvis forward and not arching back, exactly as Robots&Roses explained. Also doing some stretching and yoga poses for back.

Also, are you wearing shoes with some support in it?

~ Josh & Jill, married 5/2/09 ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageveronicafvr:
    imageRobotsandRoses:

THIS! The majority of my back pain was relieved once I starting being more conscious of proper posture and most importantly moving pelvis forward and not arching back, exactly as Robots&Roses explained. Also doing some stretching and yoga poses for back.

Also, are you wearing shoes with some support in it?

I usually wear tennis shoes...good ones. I think it is the way I stand actually. I read somewhere that when you walk you should push your belly in as not to have your back arched....that is hard to do when you have 20lbs attached to the front of you...lol

Anyways, I FINALLY got a good nights sleep. I slept from 11:30p.m. until 6:30a.m. this morning. That was only because my DH decided to leave the bedroom door open when he was getting ready for work. So I got the light from the bathroom shining in on me AND two dogs jumping up on the bed to wake me up. I didn't get up once to go to the bathroom or anything! It was AWESOME! lol. Still having some back pain but not as bad. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"