2nd Trimester
Options

"free" seven sling baby carrier....scam or great?

I got a free promo code in my email this morning for a free sling, hooray! WAIT! I figured it was a scam but wanted to make sure......did anyone else get one of those? I did some searching on the internet and all the reviews I found sounded like they were written BY Seven Slings....."everything's perfect! So glad I shelled out $11.95, which is such a reasonable shipping price!" Those were all the reviews I found, plus confused Mother's-to-be wondering if this was a scam. Well, I did finally find a review that wasn't pro-Seven Slings, so if anything, it's worth another side to the story. I think I'll skip the promo just to save my chunky baby's legs and keep my credit card number safe and secure. Better safe than sorry, ay?

Here is the review:

https://soozenw.blogspot.com/2010/09/review-of-new-seven-sling.html

Re: "free" seven sling baby carrier....scam or great?

• Options
    It's nothing special - just a basic sling.  I have 2 of them, mostly to keep one in the car and one in the diaper bag.  They are probably worth the $12 - but not much more than that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You end up paying $15 for shipping, but other than that... it's free. So basically, I think they shipping probably covers their cost on it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got it the last time they did that deal.  I like it...good deal esp since all you have to pay is S&H.
  • Options
    I got this promo code out of a pregnancy magazine. Used it, paid for shipping and got it in the mail. I haven't gotten to use it yet, but I really liked that fact that they let you pick the color/patten. I don't think it's worth the $45 bucks they sell it for, but for $15, why not?
    Photobucket image Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    I got one.  Paid $15 S&H.  Haven't used it yet but it seems all right.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Not a scam, but not great either.  I don't have one, but from all I've heard it might be worth the $15, but that's about it.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It is not a scam, but I wasn't impressed with the sling.  It does not stretch at all, so I found it to be uncomfortable to use.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I would recommend that you if you can cancel... put your money toward a moby wrap!!! I am totally in love with mine. 
  • Options

I didn't even think it was worth the $11.95. (or whatever the price is $15 etc) 

Its not a scam, but the material is really cheap (smells like a plastic factory) and the design super simple (just a loop of fabric).  I'd recommend passing on it. 

• Options
    Haha! I got that email, too, a few months back and got one. When I got it in the mail, it was so itchy and poorly made. I took it to Once Upon a Child (still in the packaging) and they gave me $17 for it! :) I put that money towards a moby wrap. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Not a scam, but not very good. For the price of S&H I'm glad I have it around, but I will probably invest in another sling elsewhere.

If you're still wary of using the site but wanted to order one, paypal is a payment option instead of using credit cards! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"