North Carolina Babies
Options

NBR: Help with gift ideas for myself

Ugh!  I love dh, but I'm at a loss as to what to tell him.  He has asked me for ideas for things he could buy me for my birthday (which is in September).  Normally I'd have a lot of ideas, but now that I'm a SAHM for the next 6 months and with a newborn I have no ideas for myself.  I also think he may be thinking of getting me a "push present" which several of our friends have egged him on about as the husbands have bought something for their wives when or after they deliver their 1st child (usually jewelry).  So . . . I'm open to suggestions because my sleep-deprived-baby-on-the-brain just isn't coming up with anything.

Thanks in advance!

Re: NBR: Help with gift ideas for myself

• Options

What sort of stuff are you into? That doesn't change even if you are a SAHM. 

-clothes, books, something for the house, do you have any hobbies? something for that? time at a spa, a day to yourself, a nice dinner out, so many possibilities!  

Personal opinion, and I'll probably be throw to the wolves for admitting it, but I got a push present (like you said, a piece of jewelry). I didn't ask for it, it was just something my husband did. I certainly wasn't going to turn it down! If he wants to do that for you, by all means, why not? I look at my ring and think of my son, I think its a nice way to commemorate the birth so that even when your child isn't around you'll always have something that reminds you of them no matter where you are.

• Options

Some new books to read would be fun to have on hand while feeding baby!

A new electronic toy such as a Kindle? Ipod touch? A gift certificate to get some new clothes after the baby arrives. Any type of spa day would be great.

I think a push present is a really sweet present from your husband. I would personally wait until your LO arrives, so you can get the name engraved on it. I love that type of thing! 

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I got myself my own push present! A necklace from The Vintage Pearl with DD's name on it. I love it and get a lot of compliments on it.

https://www.thevintagepearl.com/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageuncjules:

I got myself my own push present! A necklace from The Vintage Pearl with DD's name on it. I love it and get a lot of compliments on it.

https://www.thevintagepearl.com/

I bought myself one of these as well for Mother's day and love it!

How about a spa package? I would love that right now!

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I love the vintage pearl suggestion! 
  • Options
    I got myself a mother's necklace from a shop on etsy last year as my mother's day gift and I love it.  DH got me a spa package after I gave birth to DD1 and I loved it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"