Tennessee Babies
Options

Any 1st time Moms having trouble returning to work?

Is it possible to have seperation anxiety from your baby? I have been back to work now for 3 weeks and I am a hot mess. I feel like I am missing out on everything. For example, my 2 month old rolled over last Friday and I wasn't there to see it; I was at work.....I cried. I feel like I don't have enough bonding time with him during the week and my family members who watch him are getting to see him learn new things and grow everyday. The most he is awake in the afternoons is 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Everyone says that it will get easier as he gets older. Is this true?

Re: Any 1st time Moms having trouble returning to work?

• Options
    I don't have any answers for you but I'm probably going to be having this problem myself.  Tomorrow night will be my first back at work.  I'm nervous about leaving my husband alone all night with our baby girl.  I'm just going back fulltime for a few weeks then I'm quitting and working somewhere else part time, so I think that will help me through it.  Can you maybe go into work earlier and get home earlier for more time with the baby?  Or wake up earlier before work and spend time with him?
  • Options

Part time would be awesome. I am jealous. Unfortunately, the company I work for isn't flexible and if it wasn't for the benefits; then I would go part time for sure. Everyone keeps telling me that it will get better as he gets older because he will be awake more and I will have more time with him. I think it is affecting me more than it could ever affect him. I've just never felt this way before and its all so new. I don't want to leave his side Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"