VBAC

BTW, Kate Hudson had a VBAC! :)

bensbabebensbabe member

Linky

Though I don't agree with the wording used to describe it...

High-risk L&D nurse...If in doubt, go to triage!

Trevor Calvin 12.10.07 7:26pm 7lbs2.5oz 19.75in

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Emerson Claire 07.07.11 11:34am 7lbs7oz 20.5 in

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: BTW, Kate Hudson had a VBAC! :)

• Awesome!

Sometimes I think people use the word "natural" because they're afraid to use the word "vagina." LOL 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We can just hope that it continues to become mainstream.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageiris427:

Awesome!

Sometimes I think people use the word "natural" because they're afraid to use the word "vagina." LOL 

ITA with this.  My MIL was totally supportive of my VBAC but she hated talking about it with others there because of the whole "vagina" issue;-)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • imageiris427:

Awesome!

Haha I agree- can you imagine the outcry if people had dared publish the v word, the only thing worse than that would be printing a pic of a woman breastfeeding!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageiris427:

Awesome!

Haha, yep.  

That is awesome for Kate, though.  

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I heard somewhere that Pink ended up having a c-section with her new baby but will definitely "go natural" next time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That is awesome! :)
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Using the term "natural" for vaginal is one of my biggest pet peeves.  That's awesome that Kate had a VBAC though!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

my angel babies: 6/10 (chem. pg), 9/10 @ 10 weeks
  • oh how my fingers crossed that that can be me.....

DC:#1 10/2006 born at 40 weeks (33 weeks PTL)
    DC#2 born silent at 22 weeks 1.11.11
    Dc#3 born vbac 1/2012 <bra DC#4 born VBAC 3/2014
  • I was always under the impression that natural birth meant meds free, not vaginally?
  • imageholly321:
    I was always under the impression that natural birth meant meds free, not vaginally?

That is what it "technically" means...but many people refer to having a baby "naturally"=vaginal delivery. I'd never thought about it from iris' PoV, but now I understand.

High-risk L&D nurse...If in doubt, go to triage!

Trevor Calvin 12.10.07 7:26pm 7lbs2.5oz 19.75in

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Emerson Claire 07.07.11 11:34am 7lbs7oz 20.5 in

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageholly321:
    I was always under the impression that natural birth meant meds free, not vaginally?

This comes up on the NB board all the time.  It means different things to different people and there's no "right" definition.  I don't care for the term because I don't like the implication that other births are unnatural or inferior.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageiris427:

imageholly321:

This comes up on the NB board all the time.  It means different things to different people and there's no "right" definition.  I don't care for the term because I don't like the implication that other births are unnatural or inferior.

Ditto. I hate the term "natural birth" across the board.   

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"