Indiana Babies

Ok, sooooo

I took a pregnancy test on Saturday. It was negative. But I was supposed to start my period today and it hasn't started. Can you get false negatives on pregnancy tests? When should I test again?

Re: Ok, sooooo

• Shoot!  Sorry to hear that.  I wouldn't count this cycle out until AF shows though.  I wouldn't call it a false negative, per say, but it is always possible that you ovulated later than you think and it's just too soon to test.  I think it depends on how much $$ you want to spend on pg tests, or if you have internet cheapies or not, that should guide when you test again.  If you took one on Saturday, I would test again in the morning if it were me.  Good luck! 
  • Are you charting?  Do you know when you O'd?  Like SweetTea said, it may just be that you ovulated later than you thought.  Definitely keep some Dollar Store tests around and test away.  (That's what I did Embarrassed)
    No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • The whole thing is so tricky right!? My AF was supposed to come 6/5, I had a negative blood test 6/11, and my first BFP at home 6/24. My sister's ob told her there are many reasons to get a false negative but that you can never have a false positive :) Also, none of the women in my family produce enough hcg to be detected early on in the pregnancy by HPT :/ so you may need to have a blood test as well. I'm new at this, so I won't be offended if you didn't take my advice, but I would prolly wait a few more days/a week (which is awful!) and consider requesting a blood test from your ob/gyn. When my stuff happened at the beginning of June my ob/gyn just told me that "all of our bodies have lil hiccups" so maybe this is just a hiccup for you too :/
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't get my BFP's until 15dpo. I get negatives at 14dpo. It's very annoying. Test again tomorrow. Good luck

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Thanks for all your input and advice, ladies! I'm so new to this! I am charting but not temping. AF still hasn't shown up so I went up to the dollar store and got a cheapie test. Now to decide whether I should go ahead and test or wait until the morning. Hmmmm :)
  • OK ladies, I took another test and it was still negative. However, its been three days and I still haven't started my period. Hmmmm
  • Might call your ob/gyn to see what they would like to do. :/ some might say don't worry, others order blood tests, while others say just keep testing
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ebd08ebd08 member
    This happened to me.  I took 3 Target brand tests over the course of several days and they were all negative, even though I was already several weeks pregnant.  Might be worth calling your doctor if your period doesn't show up soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"