July 2011 Moms
Options

Excessive swelling after delivery (c-section)

My legs are so swollen, worse than during pregnancy.  My dr said it's normal and I will eventually pee it out.  They were never this swollen before and it actually hurts.  Most of my swelling is in the legs.  Anyone else experiencing excessive swelling after a c-section?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Excessive swelling after delivery (c-section)

• Options
    no- just had one on 6/29- and the only swelling I had was my mid-section which has gone down a lot.  I wouldn't even so much as look at the staples and I still won't even look at the scar or the tape so if that was happening to me, I'd pay the doctor a visit (if I were you) so he could see what your legs look like- I'm paranoid like that!
  • Options
    Yes, I was very swollen, but I peed and sweated it all out by 2 weeks (probably 10 or 11 days PP).  I was at the Dr.'s office for an alleregic reaction 8 days PP and one week later, at my follow-up, I was 10 pounds lighter--all fluid, I'm sure.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 37--Thyroid Cancer survivor. H:38. DS born 6/22/2011; BFP#2--11/5/12--Missed miscarriage discovered 12/21/2012.  BFP#3--5/20/14--another MMC 6/16/14.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I didn't have a C-section but with my first I was super swollen everywhere after the fact. For a good week and a half. I didn't swell one bit with my first when I was actually pregnant either.

Dr. told me it was normal and happens due to all the IV drips I had.

A lot of water, tub soaking and walking helped it go down, but really I just sweated and peed most of it out.

• Options
    yes my feet and ankles were very swollen about 4-6 days after my c/s. My friend said it looked like me feet were broken. I asked the dr. and she said it was normal and the next day it went down and continued to until there was none left.
    photo 41f1f21b-fd5b-40ab-bc31-76a13e270270_zpscf391ac9.jpg
    After 2 years, Injects, PCOS diagnosis and 2 IUI's, we were blessed with our beautiful twin girls!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Baby Girl #3!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I know a girl that just had a csec and her swelling was so bad that the dr actually put her on a little lasiks.
  • Options
    This was my second c/s and the second time I have had bad post partum swelling. I thought maybe the pain meds were causing it so I quit taking them. I'm still swollen. I guess it will go away in a week or so like pp's said. Last time it took two weeks on the nose for my feet and ankles to come back.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    I didn't have any after mine. I even remember remarking at how much the swelling went down almost immediately after the birth.

• Options
    It's because of the fluids. It's normal to swell like crazy after a delivery because you receive so many bags of fluids. I peed it out last time over a week or two. 
    IVF #1 BFN... IVF #2 BFP! TWINS!
    Twins born too early at 23 weeks due to incompetent cervix
    FET #1, IUI #1, 2, 3, 4 - all BFN
    IVF #3 BFP!!! IT'S A BOY! Born July 16th, 2011
    FET #2 BFP! Due February 15, 2013
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My friend who had twins had swelling like you're describing, she also had other complications on top of the swelling so I don't know if they were related.

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• Options
    MCH77MCH77 member
    YES!!!  Mine feet/legs were rarely swollen during pg.  After CS my legs/feet were HUGE!  They are almost back to normal (I had LO a week ago today).  My dr/nurses said walking on them would help.  GL!

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"