Oregon Babies
Options

Looking for a great photographer for maternity photos

Does anyone have any recommendations for the Portland/Beaverton area?

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Looking for a great photographer for maternity photos

• Options
    I used Bryan Rupp for my maternity photos and my wedding photos - his website is: bryanruppphotography.com, and Jenn Pfaus (fellow bumpie) for my new born pics and some family pics around 3 months old and will definitely use them both again!  Jenn has a blog and a FB page https://pfausphotography.blogspot.com/ 
  • Options

www.facebook.com/pages/Firefly-Photography/196975936983680 

(my friend used her for her daughter's photos.  I believe she also does maternity photos)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't have any specific recommendations. I am a hobbyist photographer myself and when I look at photographers and their work there are a few things I take into account before booking them. 1) How is the quality of their images? If you see several photos from one session, how is the lighting in them? Do the skin tones look similar from photo to photo? Are there important areas that are overexposed or severely underexposed? How is the composition?

2) Do they apply any excessive processing, possibly to mask flaws in the actual photos? Do they apply selective coloring (in my book that is a big turn-off).

3) Do they have a professional looking website? They run a business so I want to make sure they run their business like that. How is their communication once you contact them? What are their prices like? It costs a lot to run a business and people often don't realize what goes into it. Photographers have to factor in travel time to your session, editing time after the session, self employment taxes, insurance, equipment, sometimes studio rental space, etc. In most cases you get what you pay for. It's going to cost more to hire someone who is experienced.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"