Multiples
Options

pool/swim play dates

we have been getting some invites to people's houses or pools for play dates and i am just wary of going by myself. neither of mine will stay in a floaty tube thing, they want to "swim" and while i have swum with them alone at my parents' house it's not an optimal situation.

just curious how other MoMs have handled this situation. 

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: pool/swim play dates

• Options

My friends understand that if I'm alone, someone needs to help me.  So usually it's a friend that has older kids. 

I always bring a PnP though and set it up on the deck.  That way I can have one in the water and one in the PnP.  The PnP victim is often not thrilled with the idea, until I introduce the PnP only snacks!  :)

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Great question!  I was just wondering the same thing since my friends are batting around the idea of a pool party too.  Almost all my friend have small kids, and the ones that don't aren't really kid people.  The PNP doesn't sound too bad.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i don't even have a pnp any more! i have our travel cribs but no way would that work. also many of my friends belong to country clubs and i couldn't bring that whole setup with me. i always feel awkward bringing my nanny with me (she typically only works when i am t work) but i might just have to do just that if i want to do these kind of play dates.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    At that age I'd either decline or bring a nanny/friend.  There is no way I could do it myself last year and have a good time.  This year is a different story.  They are great in the pool with their puddle jumpers on.

• Options
    We have pool or sprayground playdates about twice a month. There is no way I could do it alone. I bring our babysitter. This way I am relaxed, the girls have fun and my friends don't feel pressure to help me while watching their own LO. Even our babysitter is happy since she's picked up more work through the playdates.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"