VBAC

Just got my medical records...

lkf041lkf041 member

and I shouldn't have read them!  One comment in particular makes me nervous that my OB is going to pull the plug on the vba2c:

"uterine window 2 cm, very thin lus - single layer suture due to thin lus and close proximity to bladder" 

I was so hoping it was a double layer suture instead of single but the uterine window is what might cause a red flag Sad

DS- 11/08,  DD1 - 05/10,  DD2 - 11/11

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Just got my medical records...

• I'm sorry it wasn't what you wanted to read.  What is "lus"?
  • lkf041lkf041 member
    "lus" is lower uterine segment

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry.  I just got some of my records last week, and it was a mistake, it had me upset over things that I had gotten over. 

• I found out I had a single layer, too, but after reading a lot about it...it doesn't really sound worse than a double layer. In some ways, sometimes, it can be better.

I'm not sure why she did mine single....I have heard some are done because they heal more efficiently, but I don't know. 

But, like you said, I guess the main concern is that for you it seems the doctor did it because your original scar seemed thin. 

I wonder what the doctor will say when you ask, though? 

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lkf041lkf041 member
    imagenovilise:

I found out I had a single layer, too, but after reading a lot about it...it doesn't really sound worse than a double layer. In some ways, sometimes, it can be better.

I'm not sure why she did mine single....I have heard some are done because they heal more efficiently, but I don't know. 

But, like you said, I guess the main concern is that for you it seems the doctor did it because your original scar seemed thin. 

I wonder what the doctor will say when you ask, though? 

I'll bring the records with me to my appt later this month.  I'm still going to push for a vbac and plan to discuss all of this with my doula as well.  Wish me luck I can still have a TOL. 

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"