Food Allergy
Options

Introducing onion

How did you do this?  Raw?  Cook an onion and give it to them?  I don't know why this one is weird to me!  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Introducing onion

• Options

i first gave it to him with avocado (as guacamole).. uncooked.  But i honestly never thought about it.

Is garlic and onion in the same family? I'm totally unsure. But since your daughter is allergic to garlic, i would first try it cooked. not sure if it makes a difference.

was she ever tested for onion? 

• Options
    imagemagdusia:

i first gave it to him with avocado (as guacamole).. uncooked.  But i honestly never thought about it.

Is garlic and onion in the same family? I'm totally unsure. But since your daughter is allergic to garlic, i would first try it cooked. not sure if it makes a difference.

Yes. Twice and both times she was negative.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't remember which was first, but he had it raw in guac (like Magd) and cooked in a burrito that we split. He handled both no problem and actually sought out the cooked for more.
    Photobucket
    Nursed without dairy, egg, soy, peanut, treenut, fish, shellfish or beef for over a year.
    Currently tandem nursing dairy, egg, and shellfish free.
    DS born via emergency c/s after 20 hrs of labor. DD successful VBAC!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Learning Liam
  • Options
    imageMiller238:
    imagemagdusia:

Yes. Twice and both times she was negative.

If you're worried than i would do cooked first..  if anything, the cooking might help.  Fingers crossed for onions!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"