Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

pregnant?

OK so I have a 13 month little one and got off the pill a couple months ago. Since then have had a couple small periods 2 weeks a part and had a regular period on June 4th.  I am now 5 days late but I took a pregnancy test on Monday and it was negative.  I did take it in the afternoon and thought maybe to take one again tomorrow morning.  But could my cycle still just be that out of whack?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: pregnant?

• Options

Yes.

You might have ovulated late. Your afternoon urine might not have enough hormones to trigger a positive result. Your body might be out of whack still. 

Keep peeing on sticks until AF shows. 

"Oh for sh!ts sake."- my 84 year old grandma. Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

We can't tell you if you're pregnant or not. Only a doctor/test can do that.

Check out the newbie link at the top of the page. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You may have just ovulated late. Test again in a few days (or in the morning, if you can't hold out) if AF hasn't showed. If you really want to get to know your cycles start charting your temps.
  • Options
    OMG I wasn't expecting you to tell me if I was pregnant or not just chatting with some women I thought - man there are a lot of rude ppl on here.
  • Options

Not trying to be snarky, but did you seriously name your son Trillian?

For your question, yeah, you could still be out of whack coming off BC. It can take many months to be regular. Test again with FMU until your period comes.

It was many and many a year ago, In a kingdom by the sea, That a maiden there lived whom you may know By the name of ANNABEL LEE; And this maiden she lived with no other thought Than to love and be loved by me. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image BFP: 9/24/11 EDD: 6/5/12 Natural MC: 11/6/11
  • Options

I really don't think people are trying to be rude - just "matter of fact." I haven't been around here that long, but even I can tell you there are a ton of posts like this every day on this board. Yes, the board is a resource for people, but the Newbie link answers a lot of questions, so it's good to consult it before posting. I have found the ladies here to provide excellent info, so I encourage you to stick around.

All that being said - good luck! Let us know how things turn out. 

• Options

imagebambergnj:
    OMG I wasn't expecting you to tell me if I was pregnant or not just chatting with some women I thought - man there are a lot of rude ppl on here.

The title of your post is "pregnant?" That pretty much sounds like you are asking if you are pregnant or not. 

• Options
    Sorry! didn't meant to come across as rude. 
  • Options
    imageBN+JL2010:

imagebambergnj:

The title of your post is "pregnant?" That pretty much sounds like you are asking if you are pregnant or not. 

This is exactly what I was going to say!

• Options

Sorry I think I read into this reply too much and of course I didn't think any of you could tell me if I am preggers or not haha.

"We can't tell you if you're pregnant or not. Only a doctor/test can do that.

Check out the newbie link at the top of the page. "

• Options
    Yes Trillian Robert - why?
  • Options

imagebambergnj:

Oh please. No one was rude. Clearly you have a child, I'd hope you're intelligent enough to know that the only way to know you're pregnant is with a test.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Options

imagebambergnj:

Seriously??  THE TITLE OF YOUR POST IS "Pregnant?"

The word pregnant followed by a question mark indicates you were, in fact, expecting someone to tell you if they thought you were pregnant.  My guess is you were hoping someone would say, "Oh, that totally happened to me too.  I would definitely take a test tomorrow because you are most likely pregnant! SQUEEE!!!"

It's amazing how people get defensive and angry when they go fishing for an answer and don't get the one they wanted.  

• Options
    imagebambergnj:

Sorry I think I read into this reply too much and of course I didn't think any of you could tell me if I am preggers or not haha.

"We can't tell you if you're pregnant or not. Only a doctor/test can do that.

Check out the newbie link at the top of the page. "

Try using the quote button instead of "reply"

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
  • Options
    imageVidaliaO:
    imageBN+JL2010:

imagebambergnj:

This is exactly what I was going to say!

Is that pic from your wedding? Did you seriously wear those shoes? Because if you did then I think I might have a developed a girl crush for you!!!!!!!! 

• Options
    I think it is amazing how people can say such things online and not face to face to a person...I will not return to this board.  I wish you the best of luck all getting pregnant and sorry to bug you...OH MY!
  • Options
    imageSmileyIsMe:

This could get ugly.

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
  • Options
    imageSmileyIsMe:

For your question, yeah, you could still be out of whack coming off BC. It can take many months to be regular. Test again with FMU until your period comes.

How is this NOT being snarky? It's one thing to make a rude comment about an expectant mother asking an opinion on a name, but it's quite another to make fun of a child's name.

imageChristian Quotes
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options

What the heck happened with my posts???

It was many and many a year ago, In a kingdom by the sea, That a maiden there lived whom you may know By the name of ANNABEL LEE; And this maiden she lived with no other thought Than to love and be loved by me. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image BFP: 9/24/11 EDD: 6/5/12 Natural MC: 11/6/11
  • Options
    imagebrookelynpaisley:
    imageSmileyIsMe:

This could get ugly.

I'm not saying anything else. Wink

• Options

imagebambergnj:
    I think it is amazing how people can say such things online and not face to face to a person...I will not return to this board.  I wish you the best of luck all getting pregnant and sorry to bug you...OH MY!

I would most definitely say what I said in this thread to your face.

• Options
    imagebrookelynpaisley:
    imageSmileyIsMe:

This could get ugly.

Double post.

• Options

imagebambergnj:

Huh? GL to you then.

BN+JL2010-Leopard print is my life! LOL. Well, not really....I'm only mildly obsesssed Stick out tongue

• Options
    imagebrookelynpaisley:
    imageSmileyIsMe:

This could get ugly.

• Options

imagebambergnj:

• Options
    imagequeenopal:
    imageSmileyIsMe:

How is this NOT being snarky? It's one thing to make a rude comment about an expectant mother asking an opinion on a name, but it's quite another to make fun of a child's name.

This. That was completely unnecessary. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    THANK YOU - I am not trying to be defensive or anytihng - I just feel like my one post that I have had here has been attacked left and right - is this how the majority of ppl on this board treat women?  I have not had this problem before on the boards I was on here...THANK YOU for somebody making me not feel like I am being this baby - I guess I try to treat ppl with respect.
  • Options
    Oem617Oem617 member
    imageMissMusic:

I think I'm just going to make it a personal rule to never read another thread that includes "pregnant?" and any combination of words.

ie: "Am I PG?...Could I be PG?...Do you think I'm PG?...Is my faucet PG, it looks bloated?"

But it is so entertaining. LOL

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    imagebostonbluejay:

imagebambergnj:

I would most definitely say what I said in this thread to your face.

She definitely would.

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
  • Options
    imageSmileyIsMe:
    imagebrookelynpaisley:
    imageSmileyIsMe:

This could get ugly.

You don't have to say anything else. You said enough with just your question.

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
  • Options

imagebambergnj:
    THANK YOU - I am not trying to be defensive or anytihng - I just feel like my one post that I have had here has been attacked left and right - is this how the majority of ppl on this board treat women?  I have not had this problem before on the boards I was on here...THANK YOU for somebody making me not feel like I am being this baby - I guess I try to treat ppl with respect.

The only thing people are "defending" you on was calling out the poster who name a comment about your child's name.

Other than that, the comments were dead on.  Your title DOES imply you want to know if you are pregnant or not.

So I'll say yes.  With twin girls.  CONGRATS

And just out of curosity, what are ppl and how do you treat them with respect?

• Options

imagebambergnj:

I would just like to mention that no one was being rude until you accused the first few posters of this thread of being rude. 

Now to your original question.  Yes, your body will be all crazy while it tries to regulate after stopping birth control.  Wait a few more days to test again.  Keep testing until you get your period, a + or 60 days with neither, then call your doctor.  I would suggest that you check out Fertility Friend if you are not pregnant.  It will help a lot and you can learn when your period will actually be "due" based on your ovulation date and LP length!  Lots of luck to you!
    Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    imageSmileyIsMe:

My son Trillian which you made fun of his name I am assuming is a beautiful boy..a picture of him at one is my profile pic now so you can see the boy who's name you were 'snarky' about

• Options
    lycihlycih member
    imageSmileyIsMe:

Oh, I'll play: 
    No offense but... that was seriously rude. 

Don't worry, guys, It's cool, I said "no offense"

::The sudden disappointment of a hope leaves a scar that even the ultimate fullfillment of that hope cannot fully erase:: Thomas Hardy

BFP #1: 07/08/11  EDD: 03/22/12  Missed miscarriage @ 8w: 08/11/11, stopped growing @ 6w6d
    BFP #2: 03/26/12  EDD: 12/07/12  We have a HB at 7w!! (04/20/12)  CSD born 12/12/12 
    BFP #3: 08/05/14  Chemical Pregnancy at 4w3d 08/06/14
    BFP #4: 10/02/14  EDD: 06/10/15  Miscarriage at 6w6d 10/22/14

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    imagebambergnj:
    I'm sorry and I know how you feel, good luck!!
  • Options
    imageSmileyIsMe:

Really? You are making fun of her sons name?

OP your son is a handsome little boy

• Options

imageDrexeloct:
    imagebambergnj:

You made it SIX. WHOLE. DAYS.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!1!11!!!!1

Photobucket
  • Options
    imagemanamanadododododo:

imageDrexeloct:
    imagebambergnj:

You made it SIX. WHOLE. DAYS.

Aww you really must hate me:( It's ok because the feeling is mutual...Xoxo darling hahaha

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!1!11!!!!1

• Options

I took another pregnancy test today and it was positive.

• Options
    Of course it was, congrats.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"