VBAC

How accurate is fundal height?

I went in on June 13th for an u/s and baby was measuring over 39 weeks, even though I was only 35 weeks at the time. The u/s tech actually had to double check all the measurements because she thought I was due that day rather than July 13th. I know that late term u/s are not very accurate when determining baby's size, so I didn't put too much stock into it. However, at my last appointment (38 weeks), my fundal height was measuring 45.5 cm. Should I be concerned? Is this reason enough to schedule a repeat c-section? My gut says no, but what do I know?

Re: How accurate is fundal height?

• What does your doctor say?  All the measurements - US and fundal height can be very inaccurate.  I also have to say that a heavy baby, doesn't mean a big head.  My baby was very long.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My ob guessed my baby to be about 6.5 lbs at 36 weeks, at 39 weeks when she was born she wasn't even 6 lbs.
  • Loading the player...
  • There are a lot of things that can throw off fundal height measurements, like baby's position.

The thing that I would want them to check is the fluid level, though.  I wouldn't be worried about a big baby as much as I would be worried about having too much fluid or something like that.

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"