San Diego Babies

Visiting - where to stay?

My mom is getting remarried on the beach on Coronado island.  My entire family are coming for the whole week of Thanksgiving.  We're planning on hitting up Disneyland as well as doing other things around Southern California.  I understand that Disneyland is 1.5 drive or so from San Diego.  Would you recommend we stay on beach in San Diego and just do the drive up to Disneyland for the 2 days?  Or stay up there and drive to San Diego?  Our group consists of children and adults.  Really just want to enjoy the beach (maybe too cold in Thanksgiving?) as well as other area attractions around there (maybe the zoo).  What beach would you suggest we stay at?  We're looking to rent 2 houses.

Re: Visiting - where to stay?

• Coronado has the best beaches but is also probably going to be the most expensive to stay at and it is pretty  far from Disneyland, in Anaheim.  If you want to do most of your vacationing in San Diego and see the sights here I would recommend staying around Coronado because it's a quick drive to downtown San Diego, Seaport Village, Balboa Park and the Zoo.  You can also hit up Sea World which is by Mission Bay and also Legoland which is in Carlsbad. The weather  could be hit or miss, it could be kind of chilly (in the low 60s) or it could be really warm, last year we had a couple days in November where it was super hot but then the rest of the month was pretty mild.  

If you are looking to do more things up towards Orange County or LA you could try staying somewhere like Oceanside which would kind of be a middle point but it's full of marines because the base is up there.  You could also look at Encinitas, Carlsbad, Del Mar, Solana Beach (however if you or anyone else smoke I wouldn't look here, theres a ban on it in the whole city), La Jolla (you can see the seals at the cove), Pacific Beach or Ocean Beach, these are all cities along the coast between Oceanside and San Diego. You could also look in the city itself, but be sure you are looking down town because the San Diego city limits are kind of weird and can go pretty far inland. For example I technically live in San Diego but we are good 20 minute drive (with no traffic) to downtown. Hope this helps. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ohhh....also look at vrbo.com, they have a lot of good rentals on there, also craigslist too. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"