Postpartum Depression
Options

Calling dr. tomorrow

I guess I have ppd.  I had to have a c section.  My spinal wasn't placed right, so when the dr. started to cut me open, I felt it, and had to be put to sleep for the rest of the surgery, so I missed dd being born, and didn't see her for about 2 hours after she was born.  I just can't get past this now.  It has been over 3 and a half months.  I was doing better, but now I am back to crying about it several times a week. 

Re: Calling dr. tomorrow

• Options

I am so, so sorry.

I also had an emergency c-section after planning for a bradley, med free birth. I am almost 6 months out but still think about the birth quite often, can't drive near the hospital, think about all the things I should/could have done during pg and labor to avoid a c-section.

GL calling your doctor. Getting help in feeling better is important for your family.

**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Options

DO NOT beat yourself up over this. I also had a c-section with my son and had the same feelings, especially when my MIL said I did not actually deliver my son. What!? I look at my son today and am thankful a c-section was an option, otherwise, he wouldn't be here today.

If it has you this upset, do call your Doctor, but I promise as time goes on and you look at your child, those feelings will fade away. As upset as I was to have a c/s, I've scheduled my next one with my 2nd child. All that matters to me now is that my children are here with me, safe and sound.

Good luck to you! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"