Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

fave thing someone brought to you in the hospital postpartum?

seriously i feel like i dont even remember that time but we also had very few visitors, we delivered not close to where we live & my mom was in town & with the twins i think most ppl stayed away...

but a friend had a baby & I wrote asking if she wanted anyone to visit and she said yes so I want to bring something fun/useful/a treat... just can't think of anything beyond candy & I know she's planning to BF so I don't want to get her anything if she is trying to restrict foods at all, although I'm going to try to think of her favorite candy or something. Of course there is alcohol but she can't have that in the hospital sooooo....

thoughts? 

Re: fave thing someone brought to you in the hospital postpartum?

• Options
    my two favorite things were donuts and a pizza!!! 
  • Options
    My H brought me cupcakes, fancy ones. I still talk about them. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We just got the usual, balloons, flowers, outfits for baby.

I will say, I was group b strep + so we had to stay in the hospital from Wednesday until Friday. Of course, I got hospital food, but DH had to go out for all his meals. (I guess he could have gone home and made something, but he didn't!) At any rate, if this might be the case, we would have really appreciated a gift card for a local place for DH to grab some grub.

One we got home, the absolute best thing we got was a home cooked meal.  We had friends bring over dinner and I swear food never tasted so good. We'd had dinner out and sandwiches, but actually having food was more of a blessing than I ever imagined. Now, whenever my friends have babies, I always plan on taking them dinner when they need it!

• Options

Pizza and a humongous chocolate milk shake haha. I was craving one SO bad and DH said all the places were closed (he was full of bologna) and a few hours later I went into labor.

Flowers and balloons are nice but can quickly overcrowd a room and the smell can be overwhelming. Maybe a soft blanket or a new robe? 

• Options
    A friend of mine definitely had a beer after she had her DD.  They have pics of it chilling on ice!  I had no idea you could do that, lol.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Bravo carryout.  Bravo had never tasted so amazing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Take out, an iced coffee and someone brought me and DH PJ's.... that was very thoughtful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Chocolate covered pretzels! Yum.

ETA: The ILs brought buffalo chicken tenders and pistachio pie (strange combo) but we ate those both days we were there. That was nice, too.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    donuts and champagne
  • Options
    My sister brought us dinner from Panera!
  • Options
    My mom brought us Carrabas for dinner....best thing ever! Then it was really nice to go home to a cleaned up house and a full fridge and pantry...again,  my mom! She's the best.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
  • Options
    Japanese food and ice cream.
  • Options
    honestly? nothing. I appreciated the thought, but I wasn't hungry, so when people brought me food I had to choke it down to be nice. And when people brought physical gifts, they were a pita to cart home.
  • Options
    I was induced, and didn't eat from 4pm Tuesday until after lunchtime Wednesday. I requested a chicken wrap from Red Robin and it was so. damn. good. I wouldn't show up with food  because she may or may not want it, but what about a giftcard for a local takeout or pizza place? That first week home I really appreciated not having to think/worry about what we'd eat for dinner.
  • Options
    My cousin brought me nursing supplies (nursing tank, pads for the bra, landoshin)and a nursing cover-up to the hospital. She also brought me fuzzy socks with the non-slip bottoms & a fuzzy blanket. I had packed socks but I forgot how cold hospital are so the fuzzy non slip ones were awesome.
  • Options
    Chipotle and Subway.

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • Options
    Chocolate covered strawberries.
  • Options
    SMA!SMA! member
    My husband went home, cooked dinner and brought it back to the hospital complete with real plates and silver ware and cloth napkins.  It was the best thing ever. He also brought a bunch of fresh fruit - clementines, grapes etc that I snacked on the rest of the time in the hospital. 
  • Options
    nealblnealbl member
    My MIL brought me this wine glass that was painted and said Mommy's Sippy Cup. I freaking loved that glass and still do.
  • Options
    In the hospital I just got the usual balloons and little gifts for the baby, once I got home my mom brought me dinner for the next 2 nights, which actually lasted 4 with leftovers and stuff. My sister brought us lunch type foods so we were covered for at least 5 days. It was such a huge help. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    A friend and her mom showed up with an Edible Arrangements bouquet. 
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    The Bee Hive Blog
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!
    25 Weeks - GOAL MET 52.2 Pounds gone! 27 Weeks Total Pounds Lost: 54.0
  • Options
    DS was born in the middle of a blizzard so my BIL brought us a shovell to dig out our car... otherwise, we got nothing, no one could go anywhere. 18 inches of snow in the DC Metro area brings everything to a standstill.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I'm going with lunch (if they say yes, otherwise not going to bring random food) or an edible arrangement and a bottle of wine or champagne...
  • Options
    DH brought me a milkshake the morning after w/o me even asking for one.  He also brought one for my nurse because he's sweet that way.
  • Options
    sgrlsgrl member
    A cheeseburger. I was freaking starved!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"