December 2011 Moms
Options

Thurs. Night GTKY

I saw this on another board and thought it would be fun to ask everyone here.

How did you meet your DH/SO? 

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

Re: Thurs. Night GTKY

• Options
    AyrekaAyreka member
    In high school. We are sooo midwest :)
  • Options
    eHarmony...and we're good-lookin' (I add that as part kidding/part serious...losts of people think online daters are hideous!)!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was hitching home after a long day snowboarding and he and his buddies picked me up. He was too shy to ask for my number in front of his friends but we met again at a party at his house at the end of winter. My friend was friends with his friend's girlfriend and invited me along!!
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    We met when we were 10. He played hockey with my cousin and I would attend the games. Then we had a class together in high school.
  • Options

Our story is kind of funny.

I actually saw DH on TV before we ever met! In 2005 he was a contestant on Big 12 Week of Wheel of Fortune. That summer I was renting a duplex that didn't have any cable, so I watched WoF every afternoon. During his episode I thought he was sooo cute, and got excited b/c we lived in the same town!

About a 10 months later he randomly found my blog (anyone remember Xangas?) and commented on a post I had about an upcoming concert. I ended up finding him on FB and found out that he was the WoF guy and we started talking on AIM (again, remember that?).

He didn't have anyone to go to the concert with, so I invited him to meet up with me and my friend (it was just at a bar in town). He agreed, but wanted to meet me before hand. So, I met up with him after class one day for lunch.

And the rest is history!

Here is a pic of him on WoF.

imageimage" mce_src="image"> 

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Options
    SHUVUUSHUVUU member
    We met at church and college - were just friends forever before we started dating.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I went to school with him and never met him or knew he existed until a few years after high school when I moved home.  I went to hang out with my BF and her fiance and she introduced me to him cus we had both recently got out of bad relationships.  We've been together for 8 years this weekend Big Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH was my real estate agent!!  While I was working with him he had a girlfriend (who he never mentioned to me, but I figured it out), he broke up with her quickly and called me after he had been single for a few weeks (he didn't want me to think I was a rebound girl).  This sounds totally cheesy, but I knew, the second I met him, that he was my future husband...weird.  (He says that when he broke up with that girlfriend she blatantly asked him if he had "already started seeing that client Laney.")
  • Options
    My cousin introduced us (she dated his friend). I found out a few months after we started dating that I had dated one of his friends while in hs
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My boss was dating my DH's best friend and hooked us up.  Kind of boring :)
  • Options
    We me the old fashioned way...in a bar. Not very romantic, I know :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

At the racetrack :) he actually worked with my mom and sister and got linked up that way. He was hooked from day 1 lol...and me not to long after.

Going on 6 years this October and 2 of which happily married :) 

Liam Tyler & Emma Grace 
    ...baby #3 boy MC at 10 weeks

• Options
    eHarmony here, too!
  • Options
    We were high school sweethearts that were friends for a year before we got together.  I originally liked him, he liked my friend, my friend liked his cousin, and his cousin liked me.  Eventually we ended up liking each other.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    We met on college Spring Break in 2007 and have been inseparable since! Went to different schools, but they were only 1.5 hours apart and our hometowns were 3 hours apart. :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    we are a match.com success story! 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageChelseaP1985:

Yes This Smile and it was my first time going to that bar. He text my friend when we were at IHOP at 4am asking for my phone number and it all went from there Big Smile 

BFP#1: 11/15/2010 * Missed M/C 12/28 * D&C 12/29/2010
    BFP#2: 3/31/2011 * IT'S A GIRL! * Born 11/17/2011
    BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
    BFP#4 9/3/2015 * Team Green turned PINK * Born 05/16/2016
    BFP#5 12/26/2017 *SURPRISE* Due 09/02/2018
  • Options
    We worked at the same grocery store in college.
  • Options

imageChelseaP1985:

Same here.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    We met in a summer Latin class in Rome.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Options

I knew who DH was in college.  He roomed with one of my close friends, and I had to "write up" (I was an RA) one of his other roommates for something, and he dated one of the girls who lived on my floor, but we never talked.  I graduated, stayed in the area (he grew up here and went to college here), and got a job at our church in the music department.  He was away in Europe the summer between his senior years.  We both went five years, I was just a year ahead of him.  His mom talked about it all the time in choir practices, so when he came home, I was really just doing my job, said hello, and welcomed him back from Europe.  I think he thought I was kind of crazy.  We started hanging out, were together every single day after work/school for about 9 months before dating.  Five months after dating we were engaged.  I honestly believe we were made to be together.

Funny part of all of this: my roommate my sophomore year grew up with him, and told her sister (who later told me) that we were going to get married someday.

• Options
    imagejchytil:
    us too! DH is the first and only guy i dated from the internet.
  • Options
    This. And the WoF sttory is the best how we met story I've ever heard!
    Married DH 08.28.10
    Pregnancy #1: BFP 04.10.11 EDD 12.23.11 DD1 Born 12.4.11
     Pregnancy #2: BFP 5.12.14 MC 5.20.14 @ 5wk4d
    Pregnancy #3: BFP 11.1.14 EDD 7.5.15 MC 11.13.14 @ 6wk4d
    Pregnancy #4: BFP 1.31.15 EDD 10.5.15 DD2 Born 9.23.15

• Options
    DH was my Dad's buisness partner. We started out as friends and not too long later we realized that we were meant to be. He is my very best friend!
  • Options
    We met the first day of high school and started dating a month later. It was a very "puppy love" type thing at first. So cute, haha. It's been almost 9 years now. :)
  • Options
    imagelageorgiapaperie:

I saw this on another board and thought it would be fun to ask everyone here.

How did you meet your DH/SO? 

We met almost 11 years ago. He saw me at a dance club (klassy I know). I was there with some friends and he was there with some friends. One of his friends was a friend of mine and he asked him for my number. 

A few days later I get a random call from this guy "I got your number from J, I think you are beautiful and want to take you to dinner", I thought he was a total creeper and said no. He was persistent and after about a month I finally went out with him. We dated for a month or so and went our separate ways (we were young and he was super dumb, lol).

I ended up getting married to someone else and now DH and I got back in touch when I was going through my divorce (which was super amicable, we just got married for the wrong reasons). We were immediately inseperable and engaged a year later. 

• Options

My cousin introduced us at her wedding reception about a month after my ex boyfriend and I had broken up. I was just going to use him as a rebound, but he was so great I had to marry him : )

Our wonderful baby boy, Kellen, was born on 12/27/07imageIAmPregnant TickerBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I met my DH through a mutual friend. This mutual friend was DH's friend from high school and the opposing counsel on about 80% of the cases I prosecuted.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image image
  • Options
    We met when I was like 10 years old (so he was like 13) when our parents were taking us to the same church. We stopped going to church but he stayed friends with my brother so we always saw each other and we always had a mutual "crush". When I was 17 and he was 20 he finally asked me out :) I was SO thrilled!!
    Born at 26 weeks 2 days gestation, 2 pounds 2 ounces due to IC/PTL,
    and after 82 days in the NICU, our little girl is home!
    Untitled Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image image image
  • Options
    We met at an outdoor country music festival. DH was camping with his friends a few campsites down from my friends and I. He and his friends checked our camper to see if the pilot light was on. We kind of hung out and "saved spots" for the boys at the concerts. The next night, Tim McGraw was singing, we'd had a few drinks, and we started dancing together.
  • Options

imagejchytil:

Us too! We usually get all gushy when we see the commercials for match.com. Smile

May Siggy Challenge: TV mom

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We officially met when DH was a sophomore and I was a senior in college. He moved into the same dorm the year after me, then moved into my exact apartment when I moved out. Fortunately we stayed friends with the guys that stayed at the apartment next door and we met through them. We say that it was always meant to be but it just took a little while for us to catch up with each other. It's been six and a half amazing years since we finally met. :-)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    sagoonsagoon member
    On a Harry Potter message board. Embarrassed

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

This is such a fun thread! :)

My husband and I met in fourth grade (I was 8, he was 9). We attended the same very small private school from 4th-12th grade, and were close friends in high school but never dated. We went to different colleges and when we were both home the summer after our freshman year, I asked him out, and the rest is history. :) We've been together for 6 years and married for almost 3! 

(The funny thing is, his mom told me we were going to get married when we were in elementary school, and I was like "GROSS!" lol)

BFP #1: EDD 8/29/11, MMC 1/14/11. BFP #2: Damien Isaac born 12/16/11. BFP #3: Rowen Cole born 7/28/14. BFP #4: EDD 9/16/16.

Anniversary

baby blog

• Options

We went to the same high school. I knew who he was and he knew who I saw. We never met or talked, he had an on again off again girlfriend the whole time. Its werid, because I was friends with her and she would give me dance pictures and pictures of them that they took at the mall. I always thought he was super god looking, nice body (he was a wrestler), but I just admired from afar. I move away after high school and then moved back two years ago. I got a job as a hostest at a steakhouse and he was working as a server. He says it was love at first sight, I think that he is full of it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    eHarmony here too...he was in my first set of "matches" :)
  • Options

We were high school sweetheart from my freshman year on, and got married after I graduated from college. My parents requested that I receive a degree first. ;)

We had meet during a speech program the year prior but I thought he was a jerk, and he that I was stuck up. Who knew? 

Check out my blog - RambunctiousHousewife.com Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • Options

We had the same bio class in college.  I sat in the front, he sat in the back, and the only reason I knew of his existence was because the professor would yell "Douglas!  DOUGLAS!!!!! Are you sleeping in my class again??" He was totally not my type- a partier, smoker, pot head.  I started a new job only to find out he was my manager.  We got to talking and started hanging out at school and really clicked...despite his nasty habits. We dated in secrecy for a year since he was my superior.  

We dated for four years and he grew up a lot in those years....if he hadn't I don't think I could have married him.   

We also went to the same HS but I did not know who he was.  I knew his whole circle of friends, but not him.  I even knew his younger brother because we were in band together. (I was a band nerd, H was a total jock-we NEVER would have gotten along in HS!) 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageAyreka:
    In high school. We are sooo midwest :)

This ;)  Except, we were from neighboring towns (ten miles apart) in the middle of nowhere and I couldn't stand him at first.  We didn't start dating until we both moved across state (two years apart) and went to different colleges in the same city.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"