TTC After a Loss

Mole Pathology Results

Hi Ladies,

Not sure if you remember, but a little while back I posted about going in for a mole excision.

I had my stitches removed today...it was slightly painful, only because scabs had grown and formed onto the stitches...ew. The place where the mole was removed is still kind of open, but seems to be healing okay.

The pathology results came in and I don't have skin cancer...the moles aren't really even growing. They did come back to be slightly atypical though , which just means we have to watch and make sure they don't grow or change. 

I was given the option of waiting six months and just doing a follow up to make sure nothing had changed, and possibly removing more at that time, or given the letter about the atypicalness of the cells, visiting a plastic surgeon to discuss a plan of action and get many  removed at once.

I ultimately decided to get one more mole removed from my arm, just because something about it doesn't strike me as quite right, and go from there. If that one comes back as something, then obviously I will choose the plastic surgeon option.  If that one comes back normal, then I will probably just wait for six months, keeping as close an eye on the moles as possible.

Thank you to everyone who was keeping me in their thoughts and prayers! Please keep it up and add this next mole to your list. I just think adding skin cancer to my list of things to conquer right now, might be a little much...

My appt for the next mole excision is July 5th, which is also the day of my rheumatology appt.

I swear...I'm so tired of doctors offices and needles and all of it, but I just keep reminding myself that it will all be worth it in the end!!

**All WELCOME!**
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
BFP 1 4/2010 M/C 5/1/2010 8w2d EDD 12/10/10 BFP 2 5/5/2011 C/P?? 5/14/2011 5w2d EDD 01/12/12 BFP 3 3/12/2012 EDD 11/23/12 Ultrasound 4/11/12 H/B 160bpm! It's a GIRL!
BabyName Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Mole Pathology Results

• So happy to hear that the report came back clear!

I am COVERED in moles.  Ugh.  I need to go have them looked at again.  It's been a couple of years.

Me: 39 DH: 35 - TTC #1 since October 2010
    BFP #1 2-1-11 Missed Miscarriage 3-14-11(9 wks)-D&C
    BFP #2 9-17-11 EDD 5-29-12
    Edward James born 3-14-12 weighing 1lb11oz at 29w1d via c section due to low fluid and growth restriction from crappy placenta.
    My BFP Chart
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers <a href="http://s1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/sbphotos1/?action=view
  • Horray for great news!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I am glad to hear that everything went well and that you are proceeding with another mole removal just to be on the safe side.

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• I'm relieved for you.

• Great news!!  I've been thinking of you, glad to hear they came back benign :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"