1st Trimester
Options

Cute Ideas for Telling Parents...

Looking for some ideas on how to tell our parents that we are expecting...  any suggestions?

Re: Cute Ideas for Telling Parents...

• Options

My husband and I always joked about naming our first born Elmer which PO'ed his mom.  When we told her, I had taken a bottle of Elmer's glue and took photos of it in weird places, and put them in an album for her.  It took so long for her to get it, but it was really fun.  For me. 

For my parents, we bought a cute grandparents frame or grandkid frame, I don't remember, and put a  pic of the digital "pregnant" test.

For this one, we had our son tell DH's family over the phone that he was going to be a "big broddddeeerrrrrr!!!!!!" 
    We also got him a shirt that says Big Brother on it for when we visit with my parents this weekend.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm planning to get frames that say things like "I <3 Grandpa" and "Grandma and Me" and put ultrasound pics in there (since we have them now), but the original plan was just the frames by themselves and hopefully they would get the picture.  Not sure it's a cute idea, but it's an idea...
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My friend suggested to me to tell our parents the sex that I do homemade fortune cookies with the fortune saying "learn chinese: grand daughter or grandson" you could do the same: learn chinese, Grandma
  • Options
    We did the picture frame thing. We got frames that said "grandma & me" and "grandpa & me" on them and since we don't have an ultrasound picture yet, I wrote "Picture Expected February 2012" and stuck it inside the picture frame.  My mom got it the quickest of all of our parents.  My dad sat there staring at it wondering why I wanted him to frame a picture of my grandpa (his dad) and him. LOL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We live 17 hours from fam so for my MIL we took a pic of my BFP texted it to her and said GUESS WHAT! With my parents I just called and yelled it into the phone lol....
  • Options
    I found out slightly before fathers day so my husband and I thought it would be cute to put grand-parent announcement cards inside the fathers day cards. They loved it and were very happy......any special evnts coming up, birthday, anniversary or even a holiday card....happy 4th of july....btw your gonna be a grandparent that would be greta
  • Options

Thanks for posting this-- we were planning on telling our parents this Sunday at a belated Father's Day get-together with my parents from both sides.

Awesome ideas!  I need to get more creative-- I had just thought of saying, "Guess what?" 

"We're having a baby!"  

yawn.

These suggestions are way better.  Thanks! :-)

• Options
    imageMI-bride:

My husband and I always joked about naming our first born Elmer which PO'ed his mom.  When we told her, I had taken a bottle of Elmer's glue and took photos of it in weird places, and put them in an album for her.  It took so long for her to get it, but it was really fun.  For me. 

For my parents, we bought a cute grandparents frame or grandkid frame, I don't remember, and put a  pic of the digital "pregnant" test.

For this one, we had our son tell DH's family over the phone that he was going to be a "big broddddeeerrrrrr!!!!!!" 
    We also got him a shirt that says Big Brother on it for when we visit with my parents this weekend.

we did this exactly for both sets of parents and aunt and uncle frames for our siblings :) 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

BFP #1 6-8-11 EDD 2-19-12. DD born 2-3-12 via induction due to pre-e.
    BFP #2 9-7-13 EDD 5-22-14. It's a GIRL! DD#2 is on her way.
  • Options

Maybe make tshirts saying grandma and grandpa to be?

My DH was away for work and to tell him I was pregnant I made him a tshirt (DS and I made him one last year for father's day as well) that said "Dad of one Plus a Bun." I gave it to him on tuesday when he got home. He looked up at me with the biggest eyes and smile asking if I was pregnant.

Kristin & Dave

Happy Easter

My Blog

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

imageamandasmtt26:
    Had a friend tell her family during family pictures. She was taking pics with her parents and sisters and her husband was taking the pic. Instead of telling them to say cheese he said "were pregnant". It was pretty neat since they got all the reactions on camera! Makes for a really cute scrapbook!

Hilarious!  Love it! :-)

• Options

With our 1st we got a huge bouquet for my Mom, and on the card wrote, "cant wait to meet you in january... love, baby ____(fill in last name).

With #2 &3 we did the big brother shirts in person or picture depending on if we were seeing family.

• Options
    Since this is #2 we had my daughter wear this shirt.  We told a lot of them yesterday and they were so excited.  This etsy seller has a lot of cute shirts!
  • Options

DH & I live about 10-15 mins from both sets of parents, so to tell them we bought pacifiers and put them in little gift bags and let them figure it out.  My parents got it in about 15 seconds, the IL's didn't get ti at all adn we had to ask them "do you want nana and papa or gigi and papa?" then they got it! It was alot of fun to see the reactions! I wish i had them on camera!

• Options
    nealblnealbl member

We are putting a big sister shirt on LO tonight and going over to IL's house. The whole fam is going to be there for FIL's bday. Just going to wait for someone to catch on

• Options

We had our older DD open a gift at her first birthday party, and it was a shirt that said "big sister".... that's how we told everyone,

You could do some variation, if you have an occasion coming up like a birthday, anniversary, etc.

For our first baby, she was due around the 4th of July 2010, so we gave everyone an invitation to a 4th of July party. At the bottom it said ".... and to meet your newest grandchild!"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I bought my Parents Onesies that said  ' I Heart Nanny"  and one that said " I heart Papa".  My dad got it right away but it took my Mom a few seconds, I finally I had to say technically I'm gonna need that back.  They were so excited!  Was trying to find a cute way to tell the In-Laws by my DH blurted it out LOL.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options

We did a poem it was a big hit.

I am waiting another 3 weeks to tell everyone. I am not sure how I am going to tell other people. 

imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH's parents live in another state  and my parents live about 45 mins south so it'll be hard to set anything up that's not... Thanksgiving. :P So, we're just going to text the u/s photo to everyone
  • Options

Ok, this isn't my idea but I'm stealing it for when we tell our families. I think it's so cute and it captures the moment.

We're going to see my parents in 3 weeks so when we get there my husband is going to take a picture with me and my parents, and he's going to say, "Everyone smile and say Beth's pregnant!" This way the picture will totally capture their reaction forever and it will catch them off guard.

The week after seeing my parents we're going on vacation with his family. So I'm going to take the picture of him with his family and say, "Smile and say Joe's going to be a daddy!" 

I just hope I can keep my big mouth shut that long! LOL

• Options

We're telling both sets of parents this weekend. For my parents, I bought a baby scrapbook and replaced the cover picture with a note that says 'Picture coming soon. Save the date February 29, 2012'.  My in-laws have a great home theater, so we're going to tell them we brought movies to watch. They'll have a choice of 'Knocked Up', 'Nine Months' or 'She's Having a Baby'.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"