Parenting after a Loss
Options

To peel or not to peel?

Lately I have been wondering if it makes a difference that I peel certain foods- like the skin off hot dogs and grapes...I don't mind doing it even though grapes is super tedious!!  WDYD?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: To peel or not to peel?

• Options
    I didn't at that age to give her exposure to different kinds of textures. I just cut them up super tiny so even if she swallowed them whole, it was NBD.
    BFP #1: 7-26-08, natural m/c 6w4d; BFP #2: 12-6-08, natural m/c 6w5d
    BFP #3: 2-26-09; DD born 10/30/09; 7lb3oz, 20.5in!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    BFP= #4: 9-8-13, hcg @ 14dpo: 507, 17dpo: 1731, doubling: 39 hours
    Found a strong hb @ 5w6d; Measuring 4 days ahead, hb of 168 @ 8w4d!
    So excited for Baby Sister! EDD: 5/24/14
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I peel fruit like peaches and kiwi. She's only ever had one grape because after peeling one t I just figure A will have to wait for grapes until she can chew the skin herself. I don't have time to peel them plus she eats faster than I can peel.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I peeled everything until she got 2 molars on the same side then I just chopped things so there was no surface tension like I cut grapes into fourths

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I have never peeled anything but apples.
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I never would have thought of this...I better crack open a parenting book! LOL
  • Options
    DS grabbed a whole peach tonight and went to town. The pieces with too much skin he just spit out. But the skin made it so he could hold onto the peach.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I do peel but I dont think I need to because whenever he gets something with skin he just spits the skin out. 
    Summer 2011
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers ~early M/C 4/09 ~ Ectopic 6/09~ BFP 11/09~
  • Options
    For me- she gumms the crap out of everything- eats like a champ.  She does not have any teeth so I just feel like skin like on grapes could be slippery on her gums.  Does that sound nuts??  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagekbel424:
    I never would have thought of this...I better crack open a parenting book! LOL

This! LOL. I'm not peeling grapes though. DD just won't have grapes before I start peeling them. That sounds like entirely too much work.

• Options
    I tried peeling stuff for her but it took forever and she lost interest before I could finish. I stopped peeling and she does just fine. I cut them into small pieces.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"