Cincinnati Babies

Garage Sale pricing...

I know this has been posted before, but once again I can't find the post. 

Things that I'm particularly interested in... 

Some baby clothes, baby toys, etc...

Books (board books & adult reads... some reference/text books too)

Adult clothes, especially mens clothing/t-shirts

Shoes

Electronics...  printers, etc.. 

Kitchen stuff

Ideally, I'd like something consistent and fairly easy to remember...  I don't want to make it overly complicated. 

Re: Garage Sale pricing...

• I have had two garage sales in the past two years and two rules always apply... people will ALWAYS bargain, so keep that in mind with pricing, and adult clothes and accessories rarely sell, unless they are hard-to-find sizes, brand new, or dirt cheap.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Baby clothes $1-2/piece unless a particularly nice or special item. Children's books $1 Kitchen/household $5-10
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekel716:

I know this has been posted before, but once again I can't find the post. 

Things that I'm particularly interested in... 

Some baby clothes, baby toys, etc...I priced clothes $.50-1.00, unless it was a set. (I sold a Children's Place ladybug costume for $8, and I got $6 for a Children's Place dress with matching diaper cover and hat)...I priced sleepsacks at $1.50.

Books (board books & adult reads... some reference/text books too)..I put $1.00 on all my books, DVD's.

Adult clothes, especially mens clothing/t-shirts...I priced everything at $1.00, except a few brand name items that still had tags and some of John's pants from Gap, Banana Republic, Dockers...Those I sold for $3.00.

Shoes..Baby shoes I marked at $1.00. Depending on the quality of the adult shoes, I probably would have marked them the same.

Electronics...  printers, etc...We didn't have any electronics at ours...our neighbor had her TV in the sale for $25 plus an Xbox for $20 and nobody even looked at them.

Kitchen stuff..I sold a coffee maker for $15, and pots n' pans for $2-3/piece. I didn't think those would sell because they were scratched up, but they all sold!

Ideally, I'd like something consistent and fairly easy to remember...  I don't want to make it overly complicated. 

We priced all of our stuff to sell because we really didn't need the stuff and it was just collecting dust in our basement or garage. So, I guess take that into mind when you're pricing. I also thought about what I would buy the items for at another garage sale. We didn't have many people bargain with is, because the prices were decent. But we told everyone to make us an offer if they saw something they liked. 

I've also found that the better things are organized, the easier it is to sell it. And if you have items in a box, take them out and set them up so people can see that they work. That also helps to sell. (Ex. Last year I had a train set in a garage sale, in the box. It didn't sell for a day and a half. We took it out and set it up, and within the hour it was sold. ) HTH!

Photos taken by Becky Thompson
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"