January 2012 Moms
Options

I just want to sit and cry!

Because the weather and airlines have made my DH's travel an absolute mess today! 

He was supposed to leave Orlando at 3:30. That flight was delayed due to the first rainstorm they've had in a while. That was causing him to miss his connection in Atlanta. No big deal, I got him on a later flight home from Atlanta.  Then, his plane was struck by lightning - so they all get off the plane. No answers. He and I are both trying to figure out what the heck to do. I get no help on the phone.

He finally gets rebooked on another flight with a different airline. He has a tight window and has to go out of security, check in at the airport, back through security, and what happens then? THAT flight is delayed! Will he make his connection? NO! Not of it takes off when it says it will! There are no more flights home tonight.  Now he's upset and said he should just spend the entire weekend in Orlando.  All I want to do is cry. I just want him home! Now I have a mega knot in my stomach Sad

Thank you for reading, if you made it all the way through!  

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Married my love- May 10, 2008
Emergency surgery for ovarian torsion - October 2010
TTC November 2010 
BFP May 3, 2011!
Lathan Quinn born December 18, 2011
TTC June 2014 
BFP September 8, 2014! 
EDD May 15, 2015!

Re: I just want to sit and cry!

• Options
    Oh hun... that's terrible.  Airlines suck!  Does he travel a lot?  My DH has been gone Monday night- Thursday the last 7 weeks and it's not supposed to let up until November.  I hate it.  Nothing worse than delaying them coming home.  I feel for ya hun.  Cry if you need.  *HUGS*
    Married DH - December 2006, Started TTC - July 2009, BFP - May 15, 2011 (round #1 chlomid) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Sorry. My DH travels for work often so I'm used to those kinds of things. It may sound bad, but it doesn't even bother me anymore!! 

Hope he gets on a flight and gets home soon!!!  

image image

• Loading the player...
  • Options

that suck so much! I'm so sorry you're dealing with this.

** probably won't help you to say I'd give my left arm for a weekend to myself right now... will it.**

• Options

imageerineileen317:
    Oh hun... that's terrible.  Airlines suck!  Does he travel a lot?  My DH has been gone Monday night- Thursday the last 7 weeks and it's not supposed to let up until November.  I hate it.  Nothing worse than delaying them coming home.  I feel for ya hun.  Cry if you need.  *HUGS*

Yes, he does. He is gone M-F most weeks, sometimes Sun-Th/Fr and it will be this way until he takes a break in Dec/Jan for family and the baby.  We're supposed to look at a house again in the morning and then go to my dr appt tomorrow afternoon. Now I have a mega headache and have gotten nothing that I planned for the day done.  I treasure my 2-3 days per week and I hate this kind of travel mess! 

TTC November 2010 
    BFP May 3, 2011!
    TTC June 2014 
    BFP September 8, 2014! 
    EDD May 15, 2015!
  • Options
    imageAsent08:

imageerineileen317:

Yes, he does. He is gone M-F most weeks, sometimes Sun-Th/Fr and it will be this way until he takes a break in Dec/Jan for family and the baby.  We're supposed to look at a house again in the morning and then go to my dr appt tomorrow afternoon. Now I have a mega headache and have gotten nothing that I planned for the day done.  I treasure my 2-3 days per week and I hate this kind of travel mess! 

Sorry he's traveling much.  I've gotten used to it a bit, but it's hard when you expect him home on a certain day and gets delayed, especially when you know he will just turn around and head back out in a day or two.  Do you have family nearby or good friends?  I'm scared it will pick up again after he takes paternity leave (technically 2 weeks of vacation) and I'll basically be a single mom (emotionally/physically).  Sending you lots of T&P!  Though it's nice to have someone in a similar situation to talk to.

Married DH - December 2006, Started TTC - July 2009, BFP - May 15, 2011 (round #1 chlomid) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageerineileen317:
    imageAsent08:

imageerineileen317:

Sorry he's traveling much.  I've gotten used to it a bit, but it's hard when you expect him home on a certain day and gets delayed, especially when you know he will just turn around and head back out in a day or two.  Do you have family nearby or good friends?  I'm scared it will pick up again after he takes paternity leave (technically 2 weeks of vacation) and I'll basically be a single mom (emotionally/physically).  Sending you lots of T&P!  Though it's nice to have someone in a similar situation to talk to.

He has done this since shortly after we got married. After three years you wouldn't think him being delayed like this wouldn't bother me so much, but it still does.  As long as I know his schedule, I am usually fine with it, but when I expect him home, I expect him to be home.  His schedule will pick up again in Feb/Mar, but he is trying to figure out how to arrange his schedule to be more efficient so he doesn't have to be gone quite so long/often. All my family is 2.5+hrs away and I have a few friends, but nobody very close around here. Most people I know are either partiers (whom I rarely hang out with anyways), or are mostly single with young kids and the schedule that goes along with that. So, you bumpies are my friends at this point. I agree, it is nice to have someone else who understands!

TTC November 2010 
    BFP May 3, 2011!
    TTC June 2014 
    BFP September 8, 2014! 
    EDD May 15, 2015!
  • Options
    Same here, bumpies are my real go-to friends right now for this stuff.  My family is 7 hours away and I have just a couple friends in the area, not super close though, and they don't have kids and no plans in the future (one is newly single and the other can't get pg and has no insurance/money to try any interventions).  I'm here if you ever need to chat or PM me, hun.  Hope your weekend and appointments go smoothly.  another *hug*
  • Options

imageerineileen317:
    Same here, bumpies are my real go-to friends right now for this stuff.  My family is 7 hours away and I have just a couple friends in the area, not super close though, and they don't have kids and no plans in the future (one is newly single and the other can't get pg and has no insurance/money to try any interventions).  I'm here if you ever need to chat or PM me, hun.  Hope your weekend and appointments go smoothly.  another *hug*

Thanks, back to you.  I added you as a friend on my profile. I'm not sure what that does, but at least it will be easier to find you! 

TTC November 2010 
    BFP May 3, 2011!
    TTC June 2014 
    BFP September 8, 2014! 
    EDD May 15, 2015!
  • Options
    I say, if possible, you should go spend the weekend with him in Orlando. Your weekend plans are already messed up so it would be nice to live spontaneously for a while :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"