October 2011 Moms
Options

Not feeling so hot.....

I worked at 4:30am and when I got up I just didn't feel well and it gradually got worse. I had pain from a 4 to a 7 but wasn't really having contractions....more like menstral cramps. I called my Dr at 7:30 and they got me in at 9am. They did a urinalysis(sp?) checked my cervix for opening, did a transvaginal ultrasound to see if my cervix was shortening and a fetal fibronectin test. Well, my cervix is at 2.7cm and I am supposed to go back next week to make sure it isn't rapidly shortening(If it does she mentioned something about steroids?). My Dr seemed slightly concerned, but not overly concerned about this....so we will see what next week brings. Turns out I have Bacterial Vaginosis?!?! (I am on an antibiotic now) and a positive fetal fibronectin....which I guess is useless information, and a negative urinalysis(sp?). My question is...Has anyone ever had any experience with either of these?? I have done a little research, but would like to hear some experiences. TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Not feeling so hot.....

• Options

Generally, if your cervix is over 2cm you are ok, but once it gets below 2cm they prep you in case they can't stop labor.  The steroid is to help baby's lungs develop quicker.  I believe they do 2 rounds (?? This is what I've picked up here and there along the way).  If it gets too short you'll be put on bed rest, if it starts to dilate they may even talk about a circlage (sp?) where they basically stitch up your cervix so that it can't dilate any further. 

The BV is no big deal, it's like a yeast infection only caused by your body's natural bacteria getting out of balance.

• Options

I think they are just going to check me to make sure the cervix isn't rapidly shortening. They want to keep an eye on me because I went into preterm labor last time, and I guess that makes my chances higher for it to happen again. I just hope it isn't shortening rapidly! I don't really want to go through all that stuff you are mentioning.....of course I would, just dont wanna ;)

I have never heard of the BV before, but I am ready for it to be gone!! I feel really crappy. It is painful too!! Not to complain, but I had a pretty easy pregnancy last time, and this time it just seems like one thing after another!! lol. Thanks for the advice :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"