August 2011 Moms
Options

Looks like I'm going to have a July baby...

Went to the OB today and complained about all the braxton hicks contractions I've had lately. OB decided to go ahead and do an internal to check... and I'm 2cm dialated and 50% effaced at 34 weeks. Apparently the baby is very low because she said she could feel his head.

The OB hooked me up to the monitors and baby's heartbeat was doing wonderfully. He's not stressed out, although I have been under a lot of stress these last few weeks. (Not going to go into that, let's just say that since the tornado hit my neighborhood in April I've had more stress than I know what to do with, let alone running around after a 2-year-old.)

Anyways, I'm now on bedrest until next week, when I go in to be checked again and we'll go from there. I'm really hoping this baby boy decides to stay in for 2-3 weeks at least. I'm no where near ready yet!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

Re: Looks like I'm going to have a July baby...

• Options
    Don't worry too much.  Your baby should be head down right now where the doctor can feel it.  At my 34 week appointment they checked the baby's position. But since you are already starting to dialate and efface, I can understand why you are on bedrest.  Take it easy and I hopefully your baby will keep cooking a little bit longer. 
  • Options
    Take it easy as much as you can and hopefully LO stays put for awhile!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're in this boat :( thank goodness you're at 34 weeks. Just hang on a little more, momma - you're almost there!
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about the bed rest. Take it easy and keep that baby cooking :)
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • Options
    Stay put,  little one!!! T&P that your LO keeps cooking.  
  • Options

Good luck to you!  I know how hard it can be having a preemie, my August baby turned into a June baby at 33 weeks.  But I can't imagine it with at 2 year old at home.

Hope all goes well.  We weren't ready either but somehow it all works out :)

• Options
    hope he stays cooking for at least a few more weeks. im sorry you have been going through w/ the stress of your town being damaged by the tornado, and chasing after a 2 yr old.  take it easy, and soon you will have a healthy LO.
  • Options

sorry about the bedrest. 

I don't know if you read the baby rabies blog at all, but she walked around at a 2 for weeks, and at a 4 for almost 2 weeks before going into labor. He could easily still hang in there. 

• Options
    Wow!  Sorry about the bedrest, but glad everyone is healthy.  I hope your little one stays in a little longer!  :)  I hope that your family and your community are recovering from that horrible storm.  I can't imagine living through something like that. 
  • Options
    eesomeeesome member

Oh wow! Welcome to "Team Bed Rest". A lot of us are on it right now, so you are in good company. 

You may still have an August baby. You could stay a 2 for a long while, or it could progress more once your bed rest is over...you just never know!
    Right now I am hoping she stays in there until the c/s date of August 1st, but I am unsure if she will.

Hang in there, LMS! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate it. Here's hoping this baby boy will stay an inside baby for at least a couple more weeks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"