Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

moms who weaned, wwyd

It has been about 48hrs since I pumped last, and I'm getting pretty uncomfortable. Would you pump, or just try to suck it up and be done? If you say no pumping, how long before the uncomfortableness goes away? TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: moms who weaned, wwyd

• Options
    When I stopped EP'ing 3-4 weeks ago I did pump once after about 48 hours and then stopped for good with no discomfort thereafter.   
  • Options

I would pump just enough to relieve the pressure.  If you slowly pump less and less, you will not be so uncomfortable.  Freeze the milk you pump and put it in a bottle or sippy.

I weaned by cutting out one nursing session at a time over a period of about 6 weeks.  When we stopped BF competely I had no leaking and no discomfort.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My birthson who came before I was ready. He doesn't call me mom but I love him just the same. ~7/10/99~
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did after 48 hours because I was SO uncomfortable. I think I pumped maybe 1oz and felt relief? I never needed to pump again after that.
    Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • Options
    imageTheBuddha:

I would pump just enough to relieve the pressure.  If you slowly pump less and less, you will not be so uncomfortable.  Freeze the milk you pump and put it in a bottle or sippy.

I weaned by cutting out one nursing session at a time over a period of about 6 weeks.  When we stopped BF competely I had no leaking and no discomfort.

This.

I went 48 hours and then felt uncomfortable, so I pumped for comfort, and that was a week ago... no discomfort since! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"