Infertility Veterans
Options

Appointments Galore...

One of my coping mechanisms for yet another BFN (tested this morning again, BFN) is setting up appointments to plan our next steps. So far I have made an appointment for a consult with Shady Grove at their satellite office in Harrisburg, I am pretty excited to see what they have to say about our situation.It isn't until August, so that will give me plenty of time to do more research.

We also have an appointment with a local adoption agency for next Tuesday to talk about our options there. DH still isn't 100% on board with the whole adoption thing, but he is getting closer. As he said when I asked if I could make the appointment: "I would be willing to kill for you if it meant keeping you safe, I can at least listen to some alternatives if it means making you happy." Seriously love that man.

I also have a call in to a local therapist that specializes in family/adoption/infertility counseling. To see if we can get DH 100% on board with adoption, and if not work through my emotions and depression about possibly living child free.

We'll also set up a WTF tomorrow when we get the call back with our negative beta. I highly doubt we will cycle again with our current RE, but I at least want to hear what he says about this cycle, and I also want to give him a piece of my mind about the whole not doing ICSI issue we had this cycle. 

So as incredibly depressed as I am about still not being pregnant, I am finding ways to cope and move on. No matter what we will not be cycling or making any decisions for at least 6 months. I want to work on losing the weight I put back on during the last 2 IVFs, and we want to work on getting all of our credit cards paid off before we make our next steps.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Appointments Galore...

• Options

I am the same way and need to have plans in place to feel better.

Sorry about the BFN.  it sucks 

(((HUGS)))

I am so glad you are getting a second opinion.  

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • Options

I am so very sorry that you have to be going through all of this.

BIG HUGS

TTC #1 Since 11/08 - Dx: MFI & PCOS
    7 IUIs = All BFNs
    2011: March IVF #1.2 = e/p @ 6w: May IVF #2 = BFN: July sFET #1 = BFN

2012: Jan We're Certified FC/A Parents
    May IVF #3 = c/p
    June-Nov Foster Mommy to M (Toddler)
    July FET #2 = BFN
    Aug FET #3 = BFN
    Sept-Nov Foster Mommy to Baby Bella (Newborn)
    Nov HSG/Sono = Clear!
    Dec FET #4 = BFN

2013: Feb FET #5 = m/c @ 6.5w
    May-July Foster Mom to H (8 yr old girl)
    June/July/Aug IVF #4 = Freeze All
    July = Unofficially Adopting T (10 yr old boy)
    Sept FET #6 = TBD
    **PAIF/SAIF Welcome**
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    STL34STL34 member
    I'm so sorry about the BFN, hon.  ((HUGE HUGS))

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Options
    imagetheworms:

I am the same way and need to have plans in place to feel better.

Sorry about the BFN.  it sucks 

(((HUGS)))

I am so glad you are getting a second opinion.  

ditto this for me too!  GL moving forward!
  • Options

Sorry to hear about the BFN. Those blow.

Glad to hear you have a plan! GL! 

• Options
    I am so sorry you are going through this. Sounds like you guys have a great plans in place though. Hugs and good luck!
    TTC since 8/07 DX - Severe MFI/azoospermia & MTHFR/ TESEs found sperm - 7/08 & 6/09/ 12/08 - IVF#1 - BFN/ 6/09 - IVF #2 - cancelled due to OHSS risk (had retrieval)/ 7/09 - FET #1 - BFN/ 9/09 - FET #2 - BFN/ 11/09 - IVF #3 with new RE cancelled twice - 10/09 & 11/09/ 1/10 - IVF #3 take 3 - BFN/ 4/10 - IVF #4 - first ever BFP on 5/13/10!!! 108 @ 10dp3dt/ 2nd beta 311!/ sono on 5/28/10 said TWINS!!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh C, I'm so sorry.  My heart aches for you.  BFNs hurt so much.  Big hugs to you.  Hoping you get some answers and it sounds like you have great plans in place.  Thinking of you!
  • Options
    albjagalbjag member
    I"m sorry this cycle was a bust.  But I'm glad you have a lot of next steps in place. Thinking of you- and huge hugs headed your way
    Surprise BFP after 5 yrs of TTC
  • Options

I am so sorry about the BFN, but I am glad to see that you are getting a second opinion! 

(((hugs)))

I just know that you will have your take-home baby soon, whether it be with the new RE or adoption...  (((hugs))) and GL with all the appointments!

imageimageimage

TTC since March 2009 // Me and DH - 28
    Testing Summer/Fall 2010 - Unexplained IF
    IUIs #1-4 ~ Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/IUI ~ all BFNs
    IUI #5 ~ Femara/Ovidrel/TI/IUI ~ BFN
    IUIs #6-9 ~ Research Study Meds/Pregnyl/TI/IUI ~ all BFNs
    IVF Consultation, More Testing
    Diagnostic Cycle ~ Mucinex/Progesterone/TI ~ BFN
    IVF #1 ~ Menopur/Bravelle/Ganirelix/Novarel/Progesterone/Lupron
    7R, 6F // 2 transferred // 3 frosties ~ BFN
    FET #1 ~ Estrace/PIO/Lupron
    3 thawed // 2 transferred // 1 lost // no more frosties ~ BFP!!
    Beta #1 - 456 // Beta #2 - 1176 // Beta #3 - 2933 // Beta #4 - 6753
    EDD: May 16, 2013
    Threatened MC at 6w2d
    Bedrest for SCH // 6w2d through 10w1d
    Elevated TSH and Lazy Thyroid DX @ 10w - Started Synthroid
    Finally released from RE at 13w
    Charles Everett ~ Born 5/20/2013

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~~ My IF Blog ~~ 

• Options
    I am so sorry about your BFN. Sounds like you have some great plans for moving forward. Good luck!
    After 3 years of infertility we were blessed with twin girls through private infant adoption.
    Forever our's October 17th 2012
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

::hugs::

I am so sorry hun.

I am the same way - i like to have a plan in place also.

Wishing you the best of luck.  

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board