September 2011 Moms
Options

big day today - NBR

So I work for a family company, my grandfather started this business 40 years ago and I have grown up in it, and my dad bought it from him about 25 years ago. He has since developed parkinson's disease and his health really isn't that good.  I have worked here on and off since I was 13 years old and today the business is being sold. It's so emotional and I feel like crying is inevitable... my dad has taken some money from the sale and started a new much smaller business that I will go on to work at after LO is born, I am grateful for this but so sad to see some of the employees he's had for years leaving.  It's heartbreaking but also a new start...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: big day today - NBR

• Options
    That is upsetting. I understand how you are feeling. It takes a lot of hard work to run a business and I don't blame him for wanting to get rid of it with his condition, but I can see how that would be sad. Hang in there mama. Shine light on a new day.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    A business is like a part of you. It would be weird if you weren't sad!  I am glad he has a chance to make a new start and your LO will only know this new beginning. Hang in there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"