Stay at Home Moms
Options

AW: I am having an excellent month! :)

Today is the last day of what has been a wonderful month.  We are now under contract on a beautiful house only about 3-4 blocks from where the kids will go to school from Kindergarten through 12th grade (there is a huge complex which houses 4 buildings that contain all the grades as well as the sports fields, etc).  We are scheduled to close July 26th but are hoping to move that up.

Yesterday I paid of the last of our debt so we are going into this new mortgage not owing a penny to anyone.  It's been a long journey over the past 2 years to do it (most of our debt came from  the large loss we took our our last house sale) but we are finally there.  And we were lucky to find a house that offers us all the things we wanted and more than enough space while still keeping our housing payment low.

And this week I've decided to start working out every day again and so far have actually stuck with it for 3 days in a row and I am starting to feel good and strong again.

I love it when everything finally falls into place! :)

Re: AW: I am having an excellent month! :)

• Options

That is fantastic!  Especially the debt part!  What a relief that must be.

Speaking of all your working out....

You've been such a great cheerleader for everyone during the Friday Fitness Check-ins; I was wondering if you wanted to take that over?  With my plantar fasciitis and the pregnancy, my working out has dwindled considerably.  I think you could make the Check-In inspirational and help the girls on the board out.  What do you think?

SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)
  • Options
    YAY!!! Congrats on being debt free, it is the most awesome way to live. And a big huge congrats on your house, I know when the last one fell through you were upset so glad it worked out for the best. Way to go working out, I need to get my butt back to the gym!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagealmostjennifer:

You've been such a great cheerleader for everyone during the Friday Fitness Check-ins; I was wondering if you wanted to take that over?  With my plantar fasciitis and the pregnancy, my working out has dwindled considerably.  I think you could make the Check-In inspirational and help the girls on the board out.  What do you think?

Oh Jen... if you had asked when I was consistently working out through the RI30 days I would have said absolutely.  But, these days 3 days of exercise is more than I've done total in a month and with the move coming up I don't expect to keep that up or have much time to get on the Nest.  Between taking care of the three kids and packing and then unpacking I'm going to be a busy girl.   I totally get you not wanting to keep it up right now though... you have a lot on your own plate!  Is there someone else that checks in who is a bit more consistent than we are?  Or if not maybe we just let it go for a bit.  Maybe in the Fall once things get settled I could get back into it on a level where I can run the check in?

• Options
    Awesome!!!!!
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options

imageAndrewsgal:
    YAY!!! Congrats on being debt free, it is the most awesome way to live. And a big huge congrats on your house, I know when the last one fell through you were upset so glad it worked out for the best. Way to go working out, I need to get my butt back to the gym!

Thank you SO much!!  Being debt free is a wonderful feeling.  I don't think I have been completely debt free since high school.  It certainly leaves a lot more room in our budget not only for important things like retirement and college funds but also for some more fun.  And everyone was so right when that last one fell through and that something better would come along.  This house is a MUCH better fit for us and it has been such a pleasant experience with the sellers. 

• Options

That's awesome!!  Especially getting the debt taken care of, such a good weight to get off of the shoulders!  And congrats on getting back to working out!  I fell off the wagon for a bit myself but really learned that I need that to keep myself up sometimes:)

And ditto on loving things falling into place!  After 2 months of computer/technology issues, truck rollovers, etc. I feel like we're finally getting back into some normal!  Ahhhh, how I missed normal:)

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageDaisy77:

That's awesome!!  Especially getting the debt taken care of, such a good weight to get off of the shoulders!  And congrats on getting back to working out!  I fell off the wagon for a bit myself but really learned that I need that to keep myself up sometimes:)

And ditto on loving things falling into place!  After 2 months of computer/technology issues, truck rollovers, etc. I feel like we're finally getting back into some normal!  Ahhhh, how I missed normal:)

Wow!  Sounds like you have had a rough 2 months!!  I am so looking forward to September.  The kids will start school, I'll be (hopefully) settled into the new house nicely, and I can get more into some kind of routine.  And I miss this board!  I try to pop over when I can but it's been a busy summer so far!

• Options
    Congratulations!  
  • Options
    YAY!! Debt free, exercise, happiness...what more do you need? It's nice to be in a good spot in life. Now bottle up this feeling and save it for a rainy day! :)
  • Options

That's great!  Congrats on everything!

• Options

Congrats to you and your family!  Being debt free is an amazing feeling!  Good luck with your new home

I paged you a week or so ago because we took a little weekend trip to Dutch Wonderland and Strasburg RR/Cherry Crest Farm.  The kids loved it and can't wait to go back

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Options
    Congrats!  That is all such good news.  What an awesome June! 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageJerseygirl16:
    imagealmostjennifer:

Oh Jen... if you had asked when I was consistently working out through the RI30 days I would have said absolutely.  But, these days 3 days of exercise is more than I've done total in a month and with the move coming up I don't expect to keep that up or have much time to get on the Nest.  Between taking care of the three kids and packing and then unpacking I'm going to be a busy girl.   I totally get you not wanting to keep it up right now though... you have a lot on your own plate!  Is there someone else that checks in who is a bit more consistent than we are?  Or if not maybe we just let it go for a bit.  Maybe in the Fall once things get settled I could get back into it on a level where I can run the check in?

I understand -- I will for sure be back on the excercise wagon full time next spring after this baby comes!  I will be leading the charge then.

SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)
  • Options
    MAMAxBMAMAxB member
    Congratulations!
    evelyn 4.2010 | will 1.2012 | baby BOY due 12.2014
    pregnant and/or breastfeeding since 2009.

• Options
    imageeaglesfan700:

Congrats to you and your family!  Being debt free is an amazing feeling!  Good luck with your new home

I paged you a week or so ago because we took a little weekend trip to Dutch Wonderland and Strasburg RR/Cherry Crest Farm.  The kids loved it and can't wait to go back

Oh no!  I am so sorry I missed your page!!  :(  I'm glad the kids loved it so much!  It really is a fun place to live!  Dutch Wonderland is great and we are there a lot!  Cherry Crest we went to once last Fall and definitely want to go back.  What a neat place!  We haven't even done the Strasburg RR yet!  We took them to the museum across the street last year and that was fun but I want to take them on a train ride one day.  Next time you are going to be in town let me know and maybe we can meet up at DW for a little bit!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"