September 2011 Moms
Options

Why am I crying???

So I went for my OB appt today, and I had the 1 hour GD test at 12:30 and the real appt. at 1:30. I even called to check whether or not I was supposed to fast and to reconfirm the times. So I get to the lab and they give me the drink and I take it and then they said,"OK be back in an hour." I left to go shopping at a close strip mall. I come back at exactly an hour (not one minute late) and the Dr's nurse FLIPS OUT ON ME. She wanted to know where I was and why I thought I could leave and how the Dr has just been pacing around because "he had nothing to do" and could have had my appt. done already. I look at her in shock and say that I had no idea that I wasn't supposed to leave and that I am sorry but nobody told me, how was I suppposed to know. SO  they take my blood, etc and send me back with the nurse to get checked into the room. She is really gruff with me, like I have personally inconvienced her. I am finally alone in the room and I just START CRYING. Then my Dr. comes in and is totally friendly and not upset, so I say, "Ohmygoodness! I am sooo sorry I was late! I didn't know.... etc." He looks at ME in shock and says, "What are you talking about? You are right on time." I explained what the nurse had said and he looks at me like I'm crazy and says, "Of course, you can leave... what are you supposed to do here for an hour? etc." By this time I am sobbing. I did absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever... I finally recover and we have a great appt. I leave and call DH to tell him about the appt. and I start CRYING AGAIN! Ugh... 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Why am I crying???

• Options
    I have found the whole crying thing to be similar to Pringles- once you pop you can't stop...I end up being emotional the whole day if I let myself go!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    what a bvtch
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Damn, so the nurse lied...
  • Options

What a jerk that nurse was.  I hate when people who work in the same office can't get on the same page with info.  With seeing so many different Drs and Nurses I feel like I'm always being told something different.

I swear something happens in your 28/29 week that makes you a crying mess.  I'm noticing this is very normal after I had a rough week or so, where everything set me into hysterics and I asked the Dr and she said it was normal, it passed and I don't cry as easy now that I'm over 30 weeks.

• Options
    Awww, I'm sorry! I never understood why people like that are in that profession. I wasn't allowed to leave for mine. :(
  • Options

I'm sorry that those nurses were mean to you.  I will never understand why people have to act like that.  This was not your fault and if they wanted you to stay they should have said so instead of someone telling you to be back in an hour.

I have been very emotional lately too.  I cried for almost an hour straight because of something I was accused of doing at work.  I work for my dad so that doesn't help matters either.  I called DH so upset I couldn't even talk, I think I freaked him out a bit, but sometimes emotions just come and you can't help but lose it! 

I'm glad your doctor was nice about it though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"