Trouble TTC
Options

Update from RE appt

I posted an intro the other day...short version - went to RE and found out I have a large cyst on left ovary & a uterus septate.  Had MRI on Tuesday and appt next week for results.  Dr called yesterday asking me to come in today - cue freak out.

Long story short- it was what he thought -- a really big cyst on my left ovary - like the size of an apple.  I do have a left ovary (he couldn't see it on the u/s on Monday)- but its being crushed by the cyst - you can barely see the ovary on the MRI so that's why he couldn't see it on the u/s. I'll have laproscopic surgery to remove it.  I'm back on the pill until the surgery (it will keep my lining thin & hopefully keep the cyst from growing any more).

Septum goes from the top of my uterus to my cervix.  He recommends cutting it out since I'll already be under for the cyst removal.

Good news is that they will check out my tubes et al while they are in - sp no HSG for me!

Bad news is that I may lose my left ovary.  He said they will try to save it - but the cyst is really big and he's not sure what shape the ovary will be in since its currently being crushed. 

Ironic news - Surgery is scheduled for July 26th....the EXACT same day as my sisters c-section.  I called to tell her and started the conversation by saying I was trying to steal her thunder.  She laughed and said we're both giving birth and that i should name my cyst.  We'll be at different hospitals in the same city but they are fairly close to each other. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Update from RE appt

• Options
    I'm so sorry about the cyst but I'm glad that you'll be able to get the cyst and septum taken care of in one surgery. I hope they can save your left ovary. Good luck!
    Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • Options
    Hi Niecey!  I missed you popping in on this side and everything that was going on with the cyst.  I'm glad that they found the cyst and I really hope that he is able to save Lefty.  I hope by removing the cyst and cutting out the septum that they'll get you on your way to getting PG.  Good luck in the coming weeks until your surgery, hopefully the Apple isn't giving you much pain.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageDebra4869:
    I had septum surgery in April and am currently pregnant. Good luck. PM me if you have questions.

Thanks & I do have a couple questions!  As soon as my boss leaves I'll PM you. 

and CONGRATS!!!

• Options

imagejajsundevil:
    Hi Niecey!  I missed you popping in on this side and everything that was going on with the cyst.  I'm glad that they found the cyst and I really hope that he is able to save Lefty.  I hope by removing the cyst and cutting out the septum that they'll get you on your way to getting PG.  Good luck in the coming weeks until your surgery, hopefully the Apple isn't giving you much pain.

Hi! How are you?

Yea...I was feeling a little lost on where to post.  I lurked here for a little bit and saw that some of the girls had the same things that I did.

Weirdly enough - I have not had any pain.  I was floored when the dr said cyst. I went in for a standard been-trying-for-a-while appt plus I have a clotting disorder and wanted to check on that appt and found out all this other stuff.

I love my new doctor and feel very at peace knowing the plan!

• Options
    I hope they can save your ovary. Good luck with your surgery, I hope you have a quick recovery.
    TTC #1 12.2009 BFP #1 7.2.2011 Baby Girl 3.17.2012
    Cycle 11 - Clomid 100mg + Follistim + hCg trigger + IUI= BFP!
    Beta/P4 #1(13dpo): 94.5/47, Beta/P4 #2 (17dpo): 625/19.5, Beta/P4 #3 (19dpo): 1285/18.2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP Chart
  • Options
    imageNieceyK:

imagejajsundevil:

Hi! How are you?

Yea...I was feeling a little lost on where to post.  I lurked here for a little bit and saw that some of the girls had the same things that I did.

Weirdly enough - I have not had any pain.  I was floored when the dr said cyst. I went in for a standard been-trying-for-a-while appt plus I have a clotting disorder and wanted to check on that appt and found out all this other stuff.

I'm hanging in there.  Just going through the motions and hoping we get lucky.  This board is a nice place to be surrounded by other people that know what we're going through emotionally etc when having trouble.

I'm glad to hear that Apple hasn't been giving you any pain though.  That's hopefully a good sign.

• Options
    imagejajsundevil:
    imageNieceyK:

imagejajsundevil:

Hi! How are you?

I'm hanging in there.  Just going through the motions and hoping we get lucky.  This board is a nice place to be surrounded by other people that know what we're going through emotionally etc when having trouble.

I'm glad to hear that Apple hasn't been giving you any pain though.  That's hopefully a good sign.

This board definitely seems like a good, safe place!  I'm sorry to hear it has not happened for you yet.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that this cycle is it!  Are you sticking with the same protocal from the last couple cycles?

• Options
    imageNieceyK:

This board definitely seems like a good, safe place!  I'm sorry to hear it has not happened for you yet.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that this cycle is it!  Are you sticking with the same protocal from the last couple cycles?

Thanks, and yep same protocol as the previous 3 times, but should we not get there this time they will make some changes for next round. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"