Cincinnati Babies
Options

s/o photos

What do you do with photos of other people's children?  I have a box full of photos of other people's kids.  Some of my old students, children I babysat for, friends' kids, and relatives.  I feel guilty throwing them away, but I really don't think I'll ever look through them again or display them since they are outdated.  I have all kinds of photos too - birth announcements, cards, school photos, professional photos, etc. 

I swear I'm not a hoarder!  I just know people put a lot of time into getting photos and I think it's so nice that they send them to us, so I just feel bad trashing them after only displaying them for a little bit! 

I think I already know that most of you are going to say to trash them, so just make me feel better and tell me to do it!  Or if there are some that you hold onto, tell me your reasoning please!  Thanks!

Re: s/o photos

• Options

I have 1 album that I stick photos like that in.  But, I don't keep every picture given to me, just the ones of the children that mean something to me, like the ones my children are friends with, children of close friends, etc.  Not random pictures included in thank you cards from my cousin's, brother's, girlfriend's daughter's birthday party, etc.

It's a big one that holds 500 or 600 photos.  If it ever gets full I'll know I have too many and it's time to purge some :)

• Options
    My mom has done in home childcare since the beginning of time and she does actually have albums with the photos people have given to her and that she taken herself.  Most of the kids she watched were families that were with her for years, and she still keeps in touch with some of those families today... she actually now watches the children of one of the children she used to watch, and has shown those kids pics of their mom and aunt.  She gets invited to their graduation parties, weddings, etc. and she always goes through her pics around times like that.  Like I said, most of these people she started watching as babies or toddlers and watched until they were old enough to stay home alone.  I don't know what to tell you to do with them, but I like the idea of putting them in a huge album... one album can't take up too much space.  They could be nice to look back on someday especially if you end up growing close to some of those families and they grow up with your kids.  Currently I have Christmas cards, birth announcements and also the invitations/programs from friends' weddings in a big photo box and will organize them someday.  It'll probably be easier to decide what needs to be kept and what needs to be purged at that time.
    Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"