Cloth Diapering

Please help me not quit CD--rashes

My son is 5 weeks old and he has had three rashes--one in the front that looked like little pimples/blisters, a normal rash on his bum and now a rash on his thighs. We use prefolds with covers and BB. I change him every two hours during the day and three hours at night (he is up eating anyway). We wash everything in our house with soap nuts and we rinse everything twice. We also tried RG detergent and he still got the rash. We even cleaned our machine by washing every towel and sheet we own. When he has a rash I use 7th Generation diapers and desitin because it makes it go away the fastest. It usually takes three days of using CD for the rash to return, but it is a different rash. I have been using coconut oil and CJ's Butter to avoid rash (I used both of these with disposables and they caused no reaction). Please help me. What else can I do? Are there other diapers maybe? Or something more breathable? We do naked tummy time for at least 15 minutes a day, bathe every other day and I try to just put him in a prefold for a few hours when we are home. Any ideas?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Please help me not quit CD--rashes

• Maybe try a fleece liner?  My DD is still sensitive to wetness.  She seems to get red whenever we use a diaper that is not stay dry feeling. 

Also make sure he is completely dry before putting on another diaper.  Hope he feels better soon!

• I recently tried breast milk and it cleared up a persistent rash and it has stayed away.  Give it a try if you have some. 
  • Loading the player...
  • DD had that problem too in the beginning, and it really stressed me out.  You need to use a microfleece liner with prefolds.  It pulls the moisture off the skin and prevents rash. 
    Growing Baby Shelton: A Mommy Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    Can't wait to meet my baby boy!
  • kms34kms34 member
    I agree that it might be a moisture issue.  DS has to wear pockets that pull the moisture away or he gets red and rashy too. 
    * DS1...allergic to dairy, peanuts, eggs and turkey *

love is for every her, love is for every him, love is for everyone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"