Baby Names
Options

Even though it's early, thoughts on names...

My fiance and I will be married at the end of the summer (YAY!), and will be trying to conceive within the next year if all goes as planned.  Even though it is early and we aren't even pregnant yet, we are already thinking of names.  I have been a baby name lover since I was little because I always knew I wanted to be a mommy.  I have been a lurker on this board, so I know the kind of style you ladies have.  Let me know what you think about our names so far and if you have any suggestions that I haven't thought of!  Thanks :)

PS...He already has 3 kids (Cierra, Katelynn, and Jaylon).  While I don't think our future LO's name has to match their names, I don't want it to stick out like a sore thumb either.  Because 2 of the kids have a lyn/lon ending, I am automatically crossing off all names that end in lyn/lin/lynn.  I am also crossing off all K names as most of his brothers/sisters/nieces/nephews start with a K and most just aren't my style. 

Girls

Caroline Hope (Caroline after my GM)

Maggie Caroline (His GM is Margaret, we both dislike the name greatly but really like Maggie)

Halle Evangeline (Evangeline is the sort of combination of our mothers' names - Angela and Jacqueline...without it being a smooshed name)

Livia Grace

Audrey Kate

Layla Hope

One of favorite names is Jocelyn, but with a Jaylon and a Katelynn, I think it's too much. 

Boys

Levi Bennett

Deacon Andrew

Grady William (William is SO's mn)

Asher Andrew

Bennett Cole

Dominic William

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Even though it's early, thoughts on names...

• Options

Caroline Hope - Love the family significance, and also the name.

Maggie Caroline - Maggie is just okay for me nms really.

Halle Evangeline - Like this one a lot.

Livia Grace -NMS

Audrey Kate-Pretty

Layla Hope- dislike Layla

Boys

Levi Bennett-Levi is nms. Love Bennett.

Deacon Andrew - Love!

Grady William -My favorite from your boy names.

Asher Andrew- Love Asher, but not with Andrew. Don't like the two A's. Asher William is nice.

Bennett Cole- Love !

Dominic William- Dislike nms.

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • Options

I like Caroline and Evangeline and I love Margaret. I wouldn't use a nickname as a given name, though, so for me Maggie is a no unless it was short for Margaret. I like Halle in theory but it just doesn't seem substantial enough for me on its own.

For boys, I like Bennett, Deacon, Andrew, and William. Asher is ok but trendy and I don't really like the others.

I would go with:

Caroline Grace

Margaret "Maggie" Caroline

Evangeline Katherine

Andrew Bennett

Deacon, William, or Bennett with a 1 or 3 syllable mn
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Caroline, Maggie (i don't like MArgaret either but love Magnolia) and Livia is beautiful

Grady Asher and Bennett I like...

• Options

thanks for the replies ladies!!  I, too, like the name William as a first name, but we have a Will and a Liam in the family already, and those would be the 2 nn's we would probably use.  Plus, my SO has a friend named Will who many would assume he may be named after, and I just couldn't do that to my child!  lol  While he's an ok friend, he's definitely not someone I'd name my LO after... kwim. 

• Options

Caroline Hope - Love the family significance, and also the name. Yes

Maggie Caroline - NMS

Halle Evangeline - Beautiful. I love Evangeline.

Livia Grace - Pretty but sounds like a nn for Olivia. What about Lilia Grace?

Audrey Kate- NMS

Layla Hope- I love Hope

Boys

Levi Bennett- Levi is nice. Love Bennett. 

Deacon Andrew - Love!Yes

Grady William - NMS

Asher Andrew- Love Asher, but not with Andrew. Don't like the two A's. Asher William is nice. Yes

Bennett Cole- Eh NMS

Dominic William- NMS

• Options
    My favorites are Audrey Kate and Levi Bennett.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

From the girls, I vote for Layla Hope. Livia and Audrey are nice too, but Layla is my favorite.

From the boys, I like Grady William or Dominic William. I like most of your boys names, though, with the exception of Asher Andrew.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    halle evangeline or levi bennett Yes i've alwasy looooved evangeline!
    S/P L salpingo-oophorectomy w/ septic torsion 1999, dx moderate to severe Crohn's dz 2004. DH S/P hypospadic sx w/ multiple subsequent scar tissue removals, S/P herniorrhaphy. Married on 10/7/2006! TTC since May 2011; abnormal SA #1, better SA #2, normal HSG 7/2012, dx MFI/ low egg count, IUI! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LOVE Caroline Hope and Dominic William.
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ObLaDiObLaDi member

Lots of great names! I particularly love Halle Evangeline (I'm big on meaningful middle names and it also happens to be lovely). Audrey Kate is adorable.

Levi and Dominic are also very nice.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Your stepkids are adorable so I'm sure your future baby will be too :-)

• Options
    Thank you ObLaDi!  We are very excited to for the wedding and to see what an LO would look like!  The kids are very interested to see if they will share any of the same features as their little brother/sister.  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"