Two Under 2
Options

big girl/boy bed

HI gals,

technically I don't belong here, as mine will be 2 under 2.5, but I have a question...

we're debating converting DD's crib to a toddler bed & buying #2 a new crib vs. putting DD into a "big girl" twin bed & using the current crib for #2.

anybody else debating these options? Thoughts/opinions??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: big girl/boy bed

• Options
    If you're ready to put her into a toddler bed then I would go right for the twin bed. You can buy safety rails for the twin bed if you're concerned about her falling off the bed. You could always do a trial by converting her crib to a toddler bed just to see how she does.
  • Options
    We moved DD to her big girl bed at 17 months. I didn't see the point on spending the money on another crib and crib mattrress when we could put that money towards a bedroom set that she'll have for 15+ years. DD transitioned fine, she was a good sleeper before and the move didn't cause any issues. We didn't even bother with a rail either, she's fallen out maybe three times now but our floor is carpeted so it's been no big deal.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I chose to buy a second convertible crib and convert DS's to a toddler bed.  This way both kids have a bed that can be converted to a full size bed and I don't have to buy another bed.
  • Options
    We had two under 18 months so we bought a second crib, but in your case I would wait until she is 2 or older and buy a twin with a rail and use the crib for the baby. Dont rush the transition. We just did it with my son who is 2.5 and we only did it bc he was having nightmares and wanting out of his crib and I figured it couldnt get any worse. He is sleeping more comfortably in his twin bed and likes it a lot. GL
  • Options

I just started transitioning DD to a twin yesterday. The mattress is just on the floor for now so when she rolls out it's not painful but she learns (subconsciously) how to stay in the bed without rails. We were switching her bedroom anyway so I figured we might as well do this now too. Plus she is getting really good at climbing and although she's never tried to climb out of her crib, I know that it is inevitable. She came into our room twice last night and went right back to bed when I walked her in there. The hardest fight is just trying to get her to stay long enough to fall asleep when she's wide awake.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"